Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Week 1

cheeno

Started off with a bomb. Had NE and NO. Any luck guys?

I stuck to college and did well. I liked Miami, Buffalo, and New Orleans so had I gone NFL I would've done alright, but just couldn't pull the trigger.

Teaser:

Detroit +6
Detroit/Carolina over 38
New England +2.5
New Orleans/Cleveland over 44

Good luck cheeno!

Teaser took a shit, but my Show Me State wagers in the afternoon made up for it. Had Kansas City +12.5 and Saint Louis +5.5. Rolling San Fran -7 tonight.

Well that was shitty waking up at midnight after falling asleep to a 20-7 lead...

Yeah tough one. 17-0 before that and the Bears were doing sweet fuck all. You looked golden. Let's meet up before the games next Sunday. How are you doing in College ball?

Word...

College is going fairly well. I'm working on what I call moneyline madness. I'm still tweaking it and figuring out the best way to really make it effective, but there's potential.

I had GB -7 for 2h parlayed w/ SF -7 for the game. Watching the 1h of Jets/GB you just knew they were going to come back. Thankfully I hedged the the parlay w/ Chicago +3 for the 2h to cut my losses but like you, I was not happy to wake up to that final score...

Last edited:
Week 3

StL +3
NYG +2
AZ +3.5
NYJ -1.5

Last edited:
Week 3

StL +3
NYG +2
AZ +3.5
NYJ -1.5

Every place I look has the G-men giving points which I find odd that they'd be giving. As a home dog with whoever you use I hope you nail it.

I agree with Saint Louis, got 'em at +2.5
Cleveland +2
New Orleans/Minnesota Over 50
Philadelphia -4
Jacksonville/Indianapolis Over 45.5

Good luck cheeno! :cheers:

Almost forgot...Buffalo -1. Love it when teams have special events and with Jim Kelly in the house I couldn't resist.

Rolling Carolina tonight....you had a great day cheeno!

I chickened out on the Jets and added KC in the afternoon. Great weekend. I'm watching the moneylines like a hawk and using Nate Silvers FiveThirtyEight as a guide.

Well that was a good chicken out on your part...although I think the Jets "should" have covered. Got hosed on the fumble call and Geno got careless in the red zone. I ended up taking the over which hit. Although I'm sitting at the bar and for some reason I had it in my head that I had the over at 46.5 and not 45.5. I was none too happy until I got home and looked at what I had written down.

That fivethirtyeight site looks great! Thanks for the heads up...I've been doing a lot of heavy favorite moneyline parlays in NCAA. Eight teams and on up. They tend to hit and while you're only getting parlay odds between +200 - +400 since the moneylines are typically -800 and higher, it's relatively safe. Although one of mine was ruined by those clowns at the University of Southern California losing to Boston College.

Well that was a good chicken out on your part...although I think the Jets "should" have covered. Got hosed on the fumble call and Geno got careless in the red zone. I ended up taking the over which hit. Although I'm sitting at the bar and for some reason I had it in my head that I had the over at 46.5 and not 45.5. I was none too happy until I got home and looked at what I had written down.

That fivethirtyeight site looks great! Thanks for the heads up...I've been doing a lot of heavy favorite moneyline parlays in NCAA. Eight teams and on up. They tend to hit and while you're only getting parlay odds between +200 - +400 since the moneylines are typically -800 and higher, it's relatively safe. Although one of mine was ruined by those clowns at the University of Southern California losing to Boston College.

the really nice thing about those parlays is if you get down to one or two games left, you get great hedging opportunities taking the ML dogs. What are you using on the fivethirtyeight site? all I see on the sports page is a bunch of articles, none relating to MLs or spreads or any gambling related analysis...

Chicago Cleveland St. Louis Baltimore plus some points for me this week.

Detroit killed me - took my profits from NCAA (osu, Louisville, IU) and rolled into a parlay Eagles -4, Steelers -5.5, Chargers -7 and lions -5. They were up 8 w/ 8 minutes not only didn't cover, but lost...amazing

Last edited:
Back