Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions - Team Notes

Last edited:
This might be posted in another thread? from nfltraderumors around 4PM Monday.

After shaking up their offensive coaching staff last month, the Lions are hiring Arizona State senior offensive analyst Ryan Silverfield as an assistant offensive line coach, a league source tells Thayer Evans of SI.com. Detroit parted ways with a pair of offensive line coaches when the team fired former offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi, and didn?t replace both assistants immediately.

Lions head coach Jim Caldwell told reporters today that cornerback Josh Wilson suffered a ?significant? knee injury, according to Tim Twentyman of DetroitLions.com (Twitter link). Detroit has yet to make a roster move involving Wilson, but it sounds like his season might be over.

This better be a very temporary Band-Aid. I get that they are still "fighting for a playoff spot"......but why not develop some of these young CB's??

Develop players........hmmmmm.......what a novel idea for a struggling franchise. We lose game #8......and it's time to see Carter and Jean-Baptiste.

the curse of continuing to select mid round cbs. Odd how that works....our only slightly good cb is a high 2nd rd pick.

This better be a very temporary Band-Aid. I get that they are still "fighting for a playoff spot"......but why not develop some of these young CB's??

Develop players........hmmmmm.......what a novel idea for a struggling franchise. We lose game #8......and it's time to see Carter and Jean-Baptiste.

It's Bentley. By the 2nd Quarter they will be grooming some young CBs because he's out injured again.

Where's Gorrer at? That guy played pretty well last year for just doing spot work

i saw we signed khaseem green from our practice squad.....had no idea he was even on our PS. Liked him a lot coming out of Rutgers.

i saw we signed khaseem green from our practice squad.....had no idea he was even on our PS. Liked him a lot coming out of Rutgers.

From what I read about him, he was an absolute tackling machine, and was a sideline to sideline lb with great speed. Hope he can push Tulloch

Speaking of Detroit Team Notes, where did our resident Lions optimist go?

Speaking of Detroit Team Notes, where did our resident Lions optimist go?

I have him banned so I can't tell......but just by reading the threads you can tell he hasn't been very active......I think one of two things has happened.

1. He got banned for a bit.
2. His head literally exploded when we beat GB in GB. It may have been too much for him to handle. The amount of trolling he could do with that W was too much for that tiny brain to comprehend.

Either way.......I'm sure everyone loves the quiet!

I have him banned so I can't tell......but just by reading the threads you can tell he hasn't been very active......I think one of two things has happened.

1. He got banned for a bit.
2. His head literally exploded when we beat GB in GB. It may have been too much for him to handle. The amount of trolling he could do with that W was too much for that tiny brain to comprehend.

Either way.......I'm sure everyone loves the quiet!

1. From what I read, Possible return later today.
Guessing For how long depends on if what got him the 2 weeks starts up again.

2. lol

Great win. If they win out, they need to rehire Mayhew. This is his team.

Back