Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Warriors force game 7

biggunsbob

Down a bunch of different times in the game they out score the thunder 33-18 in the fourth, and really big the last three minutes.

Thompson went off for 41 and 11 threes which is a new playoff record.

Last edited:
Not really sure who I want to win. I know it's not La-Cryer and Cleveland but I do like the Warriors better then the thunders a tad. Westbrook bugs me.

This has been the best series in a long time, including finals. We have arguably the greatest regular season them of all time, and an already great team rising to a new level in the playoffs. I think GS should have the edge in their own building, but either team that wins absolutely deserves it.

I thought at the start of the season that whoever won the West would take the title. Nothing about these playoffs has persuaded me otherwise. The Cavaliers beat up the East, but that really tells us nothing. The top three teams in the league were all out West, and it's shown.

This has been the best series in a long time, including finals. We have arguably the greatest regular season them of all time, and an already great team rising to a new level in the playoffs. I think GS should have the edge in their own building, but either team that wins absolutely deserves it.

I thought at the start of the season that whoever won the West would take the title. Nothing about these playoffs has persuaded me otherwise. The Cavaliers beat up the East, but that really tells us nothing. The top three teams in the league were all out West, and it's shown.

I think the Cavs win the title regardless of who comes out in the West. Thunder will be the easier matchup, but I think this series proves that the two games the Cavs won against the Warriors last year in the Finals was no fluke. Good perimeter defense and rebounding will stop the Warriors and the Cavs can do that better than the Thunder can and have more weapons to sustain their leads.

If it's the Thunder, I got Cavs in 5.

If it's the Warriors I got Cavs in 6.

I personally hope it's Cavs-Thunder. I want the Thunder to win the title. I thought the Thunder would lose to the Warriors in 5.

I think the Cavs win the title regardless of who comes out in the West. Thunder will be the easier matchup, but I think this series proves that the two games the Cavs won against the Warriors last year in the Finals was no fluke. Good perimeter defense and rebounding will stop the Warriors and the Cavs can do that better than the Thunder can and have more weapons to sustain their leads.

If it's the Thunder, I got Cavs in 5.

If it's the Warriors I got Cavs in 6.

I personally hope it's Cavs-Thunder. I want the Thunder to win the title. I thought the Thunder would lose to the Warriors in 5.

I'm completely opposite. I believe the warriors roll the Cavs. Forcing Cleveland playing small ball with James at the 4 helps the Warriors. They play that style better than any other team in the history of the game. Doesn't matter how much perimeter defense they have, because small ball draws defenders and opens up shots. How rebounding will be key, Tristan Thompson/Love vs Green on the boards will be huge.

Last edited:
I kinda think the Cavs beat whoever comes out of the West. Remember they were really banged up last season. No love and no Irving after game 1 or 2 right?
Cavs roll either the thunder or the Warriors I think. .

The Warriors have definitely shown some vulnerabilities vs the Thunder but displayed the heart of a champion last night (and Klay Thompson, holy cow, every time the Thunder looked like they'd break the game open there he was to hit another ridiculous shot until Curry was able to come on in the 4th). You don't win 73 games without having some mental toughness to push through at times when you're not at your best.

That said, Cleveland is playing really well right now if it comes down to those 2. I'd like them pretty decisively vs OKC.

Last edited:
I still don't see what Cleveland has shown these playoffs. They have been pretty poor defensively overall, but lucked out playing offensively inept opponents. They are going to get shredded by GS or OKC. Having Irving and Love back is hardly even a good thing. Irving is demonstrably terrible on defense, and Curry or Westbrook would wreck him. Love compromises their interior defense as well.

And that doesn't even get to the point that both GS and OKC were better during the season. GS and OKC have also become great defensively throughout the playoffs.

Yeah, like seriously people have forgotten that Cleveland has faced no one. Even the Pistons looked good against them.

All this, wow Cleveland looks so good, yeah compared to crap.

I personally don't care who Cleveland has faced. That is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is they're as talented or even more talented than the top 3 seeds in the West. It's ridiculous to write them off as cannon fodder for the eventual West champ. LeBron chooses to coast through the regular season. He regularly plays 100+ games a year for the past 6 years. I don't blame them for not looking sharp in the regular season especially in the East where home court is irrelevant for the Cavs because of the lack of quality teams. To be honest it looks like LeBron barely has upped his game through these playoffs as well. I think he has an extra gear or two that he'll be in for the Finals just like last season. They have 3 of the top 15 guys in the league. LeBron by any measure is Top 3. Despite Kyrie and Love's negative defensive value, they're better as a team with two additional offensive superstars who can create their own shots instead of LeBron playing hero ball for 48 minutes and still taking the Warriors to 6 games. You also forget that the winner of this West series will be more gassed than the Cavaliers, particularly the Thunder who have had to play the Spurs and Warriors in back-to-back series. If the West champ wins the NBA Championship, it will be because the series went to 7 games, no less. Otherwise, it's Cavs winning in 5,6, or 7.

I personally don't care who Cleveland has faced. That is irrelevant. Fact of the matter is they're as talented or even more talented than the top 3 seeds in the West. It's ridiculous to write them off as cannon fodder for the eventual West champ. LeBron chooses to coast through the regular season. He regularly plays 100+ games a year for the past 6 years. I don't blame them for not looking sharp in the regular season especially in the East where home court is irrelevant for the Cavs because of the lack of quality teams. To be honest it looks like LeBron barely has upped his game through these playoffs as well. I think he has an extra gear or two that he'll be in for the Finals just like last season. They have 3 of the top 15 guys in the league. LeBron by any measure is Top 3. Despite Kyrie and Love's negative defensive value, they're better as a team with two additional offensive superstars who can create their own shots instead of LeBron playing hero ball for 48 minutes and still taking the Warriors to 6 games. You also forget that the winner of this West series will be more gassed than the Cavaliers, particularly the Thunder who have had to play the Spurs and Warriors in back-to-back series. If the West champ wins the NBA Championship, it will be because the series went to 7 games, no less. Otherwise, it's Cavs winning in 5,6, or 7.

I don't think anyone is calling them cannon fodder. They are a good team, and I wouldn't expect they get swept. But I just don't understand what has changed between the end of the regular season (where Cleveland was statistically 4th best) and now. GS is still both more talented and better coached. OKC's biggest weakness was defense, and they've turned that around in a huge way in the playoffs. Both teams were better than Cleveland before, and neither appears to have gotten worse now.

Cleveland has looked exactly as impressive as they should have, given they were head and shoulders above the East to begin with. And fatigue is not much of a factor. The Finals are scheduled purposely to reduce the fatigue factor. There are two full days of rest, plus game day morning/afternoon, between each game.

Thunder look great so far up bad many as 13 on the so far. Defending
Champs caught looking ahead to the Cavs maybe thinking game seven was in the bag
At home?

Green sure has lost his shot recently. Cant buy a three.then just was thumped by Adams on top of himself.nice response by thunder after the 13-4 run by warriors.

Last edited:
Lead back to 12..warriors 9-3 run to end quarter thunder up 48-42 at the break..

Last edited:
Some third quarter run by the Warriors. Warriors up 71-60 after three after a 29-12 quarter ..

Thunder pushing back only down 5 with 526 left. . Then warriors push it to 11 again and finally green gets a three to go down. First on in a long time it feels like..

Last edited:
Lead down to 4 again. Durant 7-0 run 1:40 left. Man sometimes the Warriors are just really Careless with the ball. Will warriors gag this lead away?

Last edited:
Lol curry takes over hits 3 free throws and a three. Ball game..

Back