Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Miguel Cabrera all time great career HOF numbers tracker

How are they meaningless? Imo, it's pretty cool to see him move up on the all time lists.

as far as I'm concerned, Miggy accumulating stats on losing teams is like Matt Stafford passing for 5000 yards a season on losing teams.

as far as I'm concerned, Miggy accumulating stats on losing teams is like Matt Stafford passing for 5000 yards a season on losing teams.

1 is going to be in the hall of fame and one isn't. That's the difference.

Tigers have won 4 world series. The other 114 years let's not count the stats because the teams sucked.

for me, they don't have to win a WS. All I want is for the team to be competitive in the division and / or for the WC. Anything above that is a bonus. I really enjoyed 2006-2014. They seemed to be in it almost every year. That's all I really care about. If a player is great while helping the team win...that's what is important to me.

for me, they don't have to win a WS. All I want is for the team to be competitive in the division and / or for the WC. Anything above that is a bonus. I really enjoyed 2006-2014. They seemed to be in it almost every year. That's all I really care about. If a player is great while helping the team win...that's what is important to me.

You missing out.. 1977 wasn't a good year for the Tigers but it holds special meaning, imo anyway, at the end of the season they promoted Tram, Lou, Parrish & Morris. You just knew they were going to be good soon after..

I cherished every at bat in Mr. Kaline's last season. I was too young for most of his career but knew he was a stud.. I was able to hear his 3000th hit. Pretty exciting.

If he's going to "accumulate" stats, I'll take hits over outs and HRs over Ks.

First inning single moves him ahead of chilli Davis at 167 with (1577) career singles. Five more to catch Grissom at #166. The base also now officially ties him up with tony Perez at 47th all time total bases (4532). Next base makes him the all time total bases leader for a venezuelan born player.

Gidp in the 5th was his 288th career and now stands alone at 13th all time breaking tie with Derek jeter..Pujols is only two away from becoming the new all time leader is this catagory

Last edited:
With an RBI single in the 6th inning of tonight's shelling at Cleveland miggy is now the all time venezuelan total bases leader with his 4533rd total base passing Tony Perez (4532)

47th all time in the majors 17 from Frank Thomas at 46th

Last edited:
With an RBI single in the 6th inning of tonight's shelling at Cleveland miggy is now the all time venezuelan total bases leader with his 4533rd total base passing Tony Perez (4532)

47th all time in the majors 17 from Frank Thomas at 46th

Quite the accomplishment. T. Perez was a hell of a player.

9th inning single moved miggy into a tie at 84th all time hits with Luis Gonzalez (2591) and 141 more to catch Tony Perez at 59th then 287 to catch and pass Omar Vizquel and become the new all time venezuelan born player hits leader

Last edited:
Doing some reading tonight, quite the Cabrera family regards to baseball/software..

His mother played for 14 years for the Venezuelan national softball team, and three of her four brothers signed pro baseball contracts. His father, Miguel Sr., played amateur ball and managed his son in the junior ranks. "Our main activity was baseball. We're very passionate about it, "Cabrera's mother says by phone from the family home in Maracay. "Saturdays and Sundays were all about baseball.""

Last edited:
* Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera hit a two-run home run in the sixth inning, giving him 1,596 career RBIs. That surpasses one Hall-of-Famer -- Mike Schmidt -- and ties another --George Brett -- for 37th all-time. Next up on the list is No. 36, Nap Lajoie, with 1,599.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2017/07/tigers_blue_jays_game_1.html

Other updates past on from KC for us

Home run was # 458 still in 37th place, 5 more to tie and 6 more to pass, Canseco and Dunn each with 462.

6 total bases give him 4,540 still in 47th place, next is Frank Thomas with 4550.
3 hits give him 2,594 still in 84th place. Ed Delahunty is 83rd with 2597.
3 runs scored gives him 1,355 and passes Pudge Rodriguez at 1354.
Miggy ties Tommy Leach and Larry Walker with 1,355.
Next are King Kelly and Doc Cramer tied with 1357.

Last edited:
Sacfly RBI in the first today now puts miggy at (1597) and into 37th all time breaking tie with George Brett

Single in the 3rd ties him up at #166 all time with Marquis Grissom with 1,582 carrer singles

Last edited:
2 hits tonight moves miggy to (2597) carrer hits and up into a tie at #83 all time hits with Ed Delahanty.

Both hits were singles and that moves him past Don Kessinger at #165 and into a tie with Paul Hines at #164 all time singles with (1584) carrer singles

Back