Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 seed in the Big Ten Tourney

johnny2x2x

We'd get a double bye in the BTT if it started now. IMO, we need 2 more wins inludung the BTT to get in, one more if that win is Wisky or Maryland.

Freshman were outstanding tonight. 64 points combined.

They're in the last 4 in now. If you believe Lunardi. It's hard to leave out a top 15 SOS team out of the tournament. If they beat Illinois and one more team it BTT they're in for sure. I'd rather they be a 10 or a 7. 8 or 9 seed kind of sucks.

They're in the last 4 in now. If you believe Lunardi. It's hard to leave out a top 15 SOS team out of the tournament. If they beat Illinois and one more team it BTT they're in for sure. I'd rather they be a 10 or a 7. 8 or 9 seed kind of sucks.

Some years we wouldn't probably get in, but this season is an incredibly weak bubble. Illinois is tough at their place, Wisky is reeling right now, I think we have a good shot to win Sunday. If we get a top 5 seed in the BTT we're in. I mean, we're going to have 5 or 6 top 50 RPI wins, have a top 15 SOS, and be a top 5 team in a power 5 conference.

If we win at Illinois, lose vs Wisky and at Maryland, and win one in the BTT, we're in. If we go 1-3 the rest of the way we're probably out.

They really need the Wisconsin game. Wisconsin is struggling right now, but it could still be a good resume builder. And if they can't take that one at home they probably don't deserve to be in.

Illinois could play out like the OSU and IU road games where you feel like the team should win and has chances, but could very easily leave you frustrated when it's all said and done. Or...it could end up like the game at Nebraska.

Winning at Maryland would hopefully be gravy in the end. Maryland is struggling a little now too. Or maybe coming down to earth a little as I feel they have overachieved much of the year.

11-7 gets them in for sure. Finishing 10-8 would mean having to beat a team in the 10-11 seed range in the BTT to secure a bid. Lose that and as johnny say, probably don't get in.

Any chance bridges stays? This draft is so deep! I don't see him as a lottery pick. I think he goes in the 20-25 range. Which is still good.

Any chance bridges stays? This draft is so deep! I don't see him as a lottery pick. I think he goes in the 20-25 range. Which is still good.

I've been wondering that myself. Most projections have him going in the 10-20 range, but I've seen more that place him closer to 20 than to 10. I'm not sure how good the incoming freshman class is overall as far as competition in next year's draft. This year's group of freshmen is absolutely loaded and maybe one of the deepest ever. So he could definitely improve his stock by staying. Usually the difference in potential pay increase by moving up isn't enough to justify staying a year and going a year with 0 pay.

He seems like a good team-oriented guy for which accomplishing something in college might be a motivating factor to maybe stay one more year. If he did we'd have a pretty highly rated team next year.

Still I'd probably put it at 80-20 that he still leaves. And in the screwed up world we live in people would use that in future recruiting against Izzo if he stays. "Look at that kid Miles Bridges. Amazing talent. Izzo still couldn't get him to be a One and Done".

Last edited:
I've been wondering that myself. Most projections have him going in the 10-20 range, but I've seen more that place him closer to 20 than to 10. I'm not sure how good the incoming freshman class is overall as far as competition in next year's draft. This year's group of freshmen is absolutely loaded and maybe one of the deepest ever. So he could definitely improve his stock by staying. Usually the difference in potential pay increase by moving up isn't enough to justify staying a year and going a year with 0 pay.

He seems like a good team-oriented guy for which accomplishing something in college might be a motivating factor to maybe stay one more year. If he did we'd have a pretty highly rated team next year.

Still I'd probably put it at 80-20 that he still leaves. And in the screwed up world we live in people would use that in future recruiting against Izzo if he stays. "Look at that kid Miles Bridges. Amazing talent. Izzo still couldn't get him to be a One and Done".

if he stays another year and develops like Swanigan, we won't have anything to worry about. As tough as this year has been, he's already starting off on a higher baseline than Swanigan so he may have tougher time showing the same amount of progress, but I only see staying as a problem for him and the program if he flatlines or regresses.

Bridges could easily be 1 and done if Davis can avg 5 points a game and go 2nd round (forgot..........weak). OK, I know Davis was 6"10 and a great D player ( NBA doesnt play D until the playoffs) None of these guys are ready to go!!!!!!!! Well, I suppose if DAvis stayed 3 years hes top 5 and making a mamomth contract. I know... grew up poor need money now etc. Stay 3 years and go for top 10 pic with kinda a bigger contract . Thats the good thing about Ward, hes too short to jump ship at the first agent that tells him hes ready prematurely and hes jumping ship wont work. Hope he knows that. I wish there was a 3 year rule. Ohhhh, Izzo, WARD NEEDS 30 MINUTES A GAME UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE OUSTED IN THE 1st 2nd ROUND. Regardless of my annoyed commentary we won a big game tonight.

Last edited:

60% he goes, why not go another year and be top 10? If you run stats on possibility of injury, and what he would be draftwise and salary wise if he stayed 1-2 more it makes sense to stay. I dont expect him to. If Davis leaves after 1 year Bridges is "twice as ready" *rolls eyes*

Last edited:
Illinois is a 1.5 point favorite tomorrow night and is playing for their tourney life.

Bridges seems to really enjoy playing in college. It's a long shot, but I'd say there's a chance he comes back. We would be loaded with him next season.

I have a feeling that we'll play well tonight. But the road hasn't been too kind to the young Spartans this season.

Not just us, it's been tough for anyone to win on the road this year in conference.

The NE and psu losses are killers. Those nonconference games when the students are away for break are tough but still, it's NE at MSU. Both those losses are squarely on Izzo - neither one should ever happen.

Last edited:
Back