Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Illinois

Spartan23MSU

Illinois is favored by -2 at home. These are typically low scoring slobber knockers wth the refs calling 40 plus fouls. Hope we can parlay a win off the Wisc effort.

Win and we're in tonight, simple as that. Maybe it's me but we do always seem to struggle there, I could be wrong though. The visions of that loss in 2012 there where it was about 42-40 are still seared in my brain.

Not sure I like the lineup out there right now. Ward and Bridges both on the bench.

Illinois with 8 3's in the first half shooting 50%. Not sure if it's bad defense or they're just unconscious. Seems to have happened a lot this year in road games.

Illinois with 8 3's in the first half shooting 50%. Not sure if it's bad defense or they're just unconscious. Seems to have happened a lot this year in road games.

They cant and wont continue at that clip. We never play well at the assembly hall and yes the turnovers this year are plentiful. Going to be lucky to pull off a win

Turnover machines. Im curious to see the total turnovers of thsi team compared to a team in the last 20 years

I don't understand why every team doesn't play MSU like Duke has over the years , and like the Illini are today. You can cut off that bullshit pass to the wing every fucking time. This offense forces the person up top to pass the ball to one of the wings EVERY fucking time. It's the same damn play every time down the floor. The offense is garbage

Last edited:
ward with 20 minutes= loss
ward with 26 minutes=win

He still hasnt figured it out

I just don't get it. There is absolutely NO reason why Goins should have got more minutes than him.

Every game this year I think. I dont remember looking at a box score with Ward having more minutes in a game. Izzo has cost us several games this year. I just cant believe he hasnt figured out why. You let the best players play, pure and simple. Maybe Ward isnt in shape enugh to play 30 minutes but he is damn sure good for 25-26 just watching him. Izzo will most likely be the reason we are bounced early again. I guarantee John calipari wouldnt let a "goins" play ahead of a "ward" just becuase he is a Frosh. :shrug:

Same thing with Davis, he barely played at all so we got very little producton out of him. When he was on the floor he was productive but his time was limited. That cost us several games last year. He never really got going becuase he was yanked every time he made a play.

Back