Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lover, Hater or Agnostic?

Well I'm a huge fan of the entire British Invasion-It was the musical cultural phenomenon at the point in my life when I was becoming aware of such things-so I think about the implications of things such as the situation that you described.

Well shit, next time I'm stompin' in somebodies motherfuckin' wheelhouse, I'll stomp motherfuckin' correct. But yeah, as much as I love the music from my day, and a lot of stuff now, nothing would have been better than growing up during that era. Seems like there would have been a genuine excitement about the music and the scene that just isn't possible these days.

Well shit, next time I'm stompin' in somebodies motherfuckin' wheelhouse, I'll stomp motherfuckin' correct. But yeah, as much as I love the music from my day, and a lot of stuff now, nothing would have been better than growing up during that era. Seems like there would have been a genuine excitement about the music and the scene that just isn't possible these days.

What's really cool is that I ended up in my adult life having a mistress for about 2 1/2 decades was the ex-wife of Bobby Keys, the saxophone legend who had recorded and toured with the Stones - he's most legendary on Brown Sugar.

He also played with all the Beatles as soloists - The Beatles and just broken up right when Bobby hit it big.

He also played with and record it with a lot of other big names.

My mistress Judith had incredible stories of her days when she was married to Bobby and her friendships with all of the Rolling Stones and all of the Beatles and the rest of the people she ran around with from the British invasion.

I only met Bobby once, at his ex-wife's funeral maybe six or seven years ago-but it seems that Bobby was a very likable guy and became friends with just about everybody he works with including the Stones and all the Beatles. It is said that Bobby and Keith Richards were best friends; they did have an unusual thing in common and that they shared the same date of birth.

I heard on the news that Bobby had died of shit related to alcohol abuse about two years after my mistress died.

Judith's daughter Amber asked me to say a few words about her mother at the funeral. Judith had paid me probably two of the greatest compliments I had everything paid in my life and I remember that In my eulogy:

"She told me I could drink more beer than any man she had ever met in her life, which knowing the men she knew, that was a hell of a complement. And she also told me I had everything it took to be a rock 'n' roll star, except for a great musical talent."

What's really cool is that I ended up in my adult life having a mistress for about 2 1/2 decades was the ex-wife of Bobby Keys, the saxophone legend who had recorded and toured with the Stones - he's most legendary on Brown Sugar.

He also played with all the Beatles as soloists - The Beatles and just broken up right when Bobby hit it big.

He also played with and record it with a lot of other big names.

My mistress Judith had incredible stories of her days when she was married to Bobby and her friendships with all of the Rolling Stones and all of the Beatles and the rest of the people she ran around with from the British invasion.

I only met Bobby once, at his ex-wife's funeral maybe six or seven years ago-but it seems that Bobby was a very likable guy and became friends with just about everybody he works with including the Stones and all the Beatles. It is said that Bobby and Keith Richards were best friends; they did have an unusual thing in common and that they shared the same date of birth.

I heard on the news that Bobby had died of shit related to alcohol abuse about two years after my mistress died.

Judith's daughter Amber asked me to say a few words about her mother at the funeral. Judith had paid me probably two of the greatest compliments I had everything paid in my life and I remember that In my eulogy:

"She told me I could drink more beer than any man she had ever met in her life, which knowing the men she knew, that was a hell of a complement. And she also told me I had everything it took to be a rock 'n' roll star, except for a great musical talent."

Who doesn't have a story like that? I don't have musical talent either!

You really can't ask for anything more in life.

Feb 9, 1964 ... "Are you going to watch The Beatles on Ed Sullivan tonight?" I thought it was some troupe of performing insects, right up until they started the first chord of "All My Loving."

EDIT: Then Paul lost 'is head in a bloody car crash on 9-11-66 (November) that was actually a MI-5 operation because the Beatles were too popular and then MI-5 created a doppleganger (Faul) took who 'is place so that all the girls would not commit suicide and that's when the Beatles went downhill and eventually broke up. And all the album clues are there because the Beatles (remaining) wanted us to know. John was killed because he was going to reveal the secret. If you look at St. Peppers, the three beatles are holding brass instruments and Paul is holding a Cor Anglais, a black woodwind instrument. He's facing the camera "dead on" and the other Beatles appear to be holding him up because, you know ... actually all them clues is as genius as is the music.

Last edited:
Beatles broke up when I was 13 and in 9th grade, so I did not get to see them in concert....but I did get to see Paul McCartney and Wings Over America tour @ Olympia in '76, was a great concert. The chicks screamed like it was still '65, when McCartney began to sing the first few words to "Yesterday".

Paul had a Red Wings' Winged Wheel decal on his acoustic guitar.

NEWS_paulsitting.jpg

Last edited:
It's not my kind of music but I can appreciate them for their place in history. Certainly would never speak ill of them.

My sister's were heartbroken. I Was only 10 when they break up so I grew up on them and they are probably one of my favorite bands,

1. Beatles.
2. Yes.
3. Pink Floyd.
4. Talking Heads.
5. AC DC.
6. B-52'S
7. The Doors
8. Led Zeppelin.
9 Rush.
10.Samashing Pumpkins.
11. Jimmy Hendricks
12 Violent Femmes.
13. Queen.
14.Rolling Stones
15. The Who.
16. Red Hot Chile Peppers.
17. The Eagles
18 Aerosmith.
19 Supertramp.
20 Jethro Tull.
21 zz top.
22.REO
23. Kansas
24 Boston
25 kc and the sunshine band.

(Last 4 were mostly 5th through 8th grade lol) there are so many good bands that just have a few songs too. Plus I am not remembering a bunch of them.

Last edited:
Back