Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump Quits Paris Accord

dubbsco

Just another arrow through the heart of a good future for the world.

I've tried reading through people's comments who argue for pulling out of this agreement. And there are none, other than "We trust Trump."

EVERY SINGLE industrialized country in this world, and basically every other country are a part of this agreement. You cannot argue in favor of leaving this, you just can't. Unless you believe that science isn't real.

This President is probably the best representation of his country and people in the world right now.

Did he really say he was elected to represent the people of Pittsburgh, not Paris?!

Does he know why it's the 'Paris Accord' ??

What a complete, fucking moron.

What job did you used to have that you think is coming back because of trump, again?

I'm likely going to lose my job this year or early next becuase the dems didn't win, I'll just have to find something else to do I guess.

I'm likely going to lose my job this year or early next becuase the dems didn't win, I'll just have to find something else to do I guess.

I thought Trump was bringing your job back or something. Someone else?

Last edited:
I thought Trump was bringing your job back or something. Someone else?

Went and saw the circle couple weeks or so back, there was a preview for inconvenient truth 2. Almost got up and left it was so disgusting. The circle wasn't very good either, thumbs down

Last edited:
Went and saw the circle couple weeks or so back, there was a preview for inconvenient truth 2. Almost got up and left it was so disgusting. The circle wasn't very good either, thumbs down
Try Baywatch.

Sadly its the second best movie I've seen in theatres this year. Best one from USA.

Maybe someday he'll understand that just because the agreement is based out of Paris, doesn't mean that he's representing "the people of Paris." He's beyond dumb.

Maybe someday he'll understand that just because the agreement is based out of Paris, doesn't mean that he's representing "the people of Paris." He's beyond dumb.

To be fair, I'm covfefe sure that he knows that and was trying to be cute with his words to give his minions a catchy phrase to use to justify his decision.

Edit: like "bros before hoes" or "snitches get stitches." Pittsburgh over Paris sounds better than an actual argument in favor of his decision.

To be fair, I'm covfefe sure that he knows that and was trying to be cute with his words to give his minions a catchy phrase to use to justify his decision.

Edit: like "bros before hoes" or "snitches get stitches." Pittsburgh over Paris sounds better than an actual argument in favor of his decision.

Truthfully? I have always thought that Andrew McCutchen was at least as much of a five tool player as Mike Trout.

So maybe that's what covfefe means.

Not that Trout isn't a great five tool player? I just don't know why he's considered a better five tool player then McCuthen.

Now, maybe Trump used the metaphor Pittsburgh versus Paris to illustrate the actual inequity between Anaheim and Pittsburgh in our own backyard, and we need to worry about the shit and the reversal of air quality advances that happens in our own backyard more than the shit that happens you know in Paris or Montenegro.

And also maybe I'm highlighting Mccutchan and Pittsburgh Trump was reaching out to the "Black Lives Matter" crowd that something he has possibly alienated in the past.

Paris doesn't have a lot of black people.

Except of course for all the black people that they have.

When you count all of them, you actually have quite a lot of black people.

Anyway in the United States can't withdraw from the Paris accord until so either the day before or the day after election day of 2020.

So as the Shaman says..."we'll see..."

Last edited:
18740712_10100208461573721_6415862392803512355_n.jpg

Staying in the Paris Accord, while showing that the USA is part of the world that wants reduction in climate change, would still have a pretty rough time trying to get ratified.

Not here to start a huge war, but I will just point out a few things to provide some perspective. Feel free to bash away at me, I pray that I have the fortitude to ignore it. :*)

Kyoto failed in the Senate ninety something to 0, if my memory serves, before it was even sent for ratification. The reason it failed is the same as the reasons given for pulling out of the Paris Accord. This decision was also renounced world wide, just as the current withdrawal is being renounced by everyone. Full disclosure - it had no chance mostly because Bush was in office, but I digress.

Is there any hope that the democratic senators in states like West Virginia or other coal producing states would even vote for it if it was sent for ratification?

Even in 2020, it will need a 60% "for" vote in the Senate to ratify it. Is there even enough swing Republican seats up for grabs to give 60-65 total seats to the Democrats? Maybe there is - if so, then the next president can certainly attempt it.

As I said, these things I am pointing out are just trying to explain what the ramification actually is. I totally believe that the USA should have stayed in, but I highly doubt it would be any more productive than the huge number of industries that will continue their fight for lower CO2 emissions, no matter what Accord or Protocol exists. The current administration can lead it, fight it, or get out of the way, but they will have about the same effect as staying in the Accord without ratification. Nil.

. . . and be honest, even if President Trump announced that the US was staying in the Accord, would it improve his standing with anyone in these forums? No chance.

Last edited:
. . . and be honest, even if President Trump announced that the US was staying in the Accord, would it improve his standing with anyone in these forums? No chance.

Politically it was a no brainer for him. Pulling out of this agreement was one of his campaign promises. This was coming all along, probably why I'm not super riled up about it. Writing has been on the wall, it's just now getting the attention.

the political situation in this country is changing. more people understand the reality and threat of climate change.

that wasn't the case when the Kyoto Accord was voted on.

it'll take longer to change minds in Congress, given all the oil industry money pumped into it, skewing the outcome.

I am not completely blind to good decisions. It would not have improved Trump's standing to me personally, but it would have been a smart decision and I would have acknowledged as such.

As it stands, it is another horrible decision.

Back