Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Taylor Decker has shoulder surgery, rehab, returns to practice Nov. 1

dubbsco

Caldwell won't speculate on time table. On the "road to recovery."

Said he expects him to play "at some point" this season.

Not good.

That's a big blow if he misses part of the season. We won't get much information out of the organization regarding injuries or timetable. Hopefully it's not as bad as some speculate and he will be find for the season.

"At some point"is not encouraging. I don't expect to see him in the first half of the season.

*sigh* now we get to enjoy seeing "decker hurt for most of 2017" in half of LKP's posts.

Wishing Taylor a speedy recovery. Man that sucks.

Last edited:
*sigh* now we get to enjoy seeing "decker hurt for most of 2017" in half of LKP's posts.

Wishing Taylor a speedy recovery. Man that sucks.

Hopefully he doesnt miss a game..i remember 2011 when backus got hurt.

Its a huge blow if he misses time

Did he get hurt in OTA'S?

Yep last week. Surgery on Monday. Has 3 full months to recover

If not they roll with Dahl or Robinson at LT probably

King Dunlap and Ryan Clady still available too as free agents

Yep last week. Surgery on Monday. Has 3 full months to recover

If not they roll with Dahl or Robinson at LT probably

King Dunlap and Ryan Clady still available too as free agents

Ouch. Didn't know it was last week. Was hoping it was just a cleanup job....

Well this sucks. Hope he has a quick recovery,
3 months sounds like early October??

Well SOB! and I had such optimum for the Lions this year! this blows.

September, if my math is right. And if it's only 3 months..

The last paragraph kind of sums up what I was thinking;

Lions OT Taylor Decker out indefinitely (shoulder surgery): 4/10 to 7/10 Disaster Rating
The Lions had a ton of optimism coming out of free agency and the draft. They seemed like they owned one of the top offensive lines in the NFL, which is crucial in the post-CBA football world. Unfortunately for them, their blocking unit took a hit when it was announced that Taylor Decker would have shoulder surgery.

Decker, the team's left tackle, had an amazing rookie campaign in 2016 and was expected to be even better this upcoming season. That almost certainly won't be the case now, as it's unclear when Decker will return to action. Jim Caldwell wouldn't commit to Decker being ready for the season opener.

Decker's timetable is shrouded in mystery right now, so it's difficult to assign a particular Disaster Grade. If he misses one or two games, this will be a 4/10, as his absence will likely result in losses to the Cardinals and Giants, both of whom possess terrific edge rushers. If, however, Decker is out for close to half the season, the Lions can probably kiss their playoff aspirations goodbye.

WalterFootball

Back