Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

5 takeaways from OTAs

What's wrong with hearing a guy like Golloday is looking good and making plays in some of his first action against NFL caliber competition? Yeah OTA's are pretty meaningless but damn you make it seem like it means nothing and worthless and like they shouldn't even practice. Let em rest until the beginning of the season so no one gets hurt since practicing means nothing... right? Obviously off season and preseason mean little, but I can see where Tony is coming from..... Y'all always seem to put a negative spin on anything you can. Not everything out of OTA's was rainbows and butterflies, they reported Michael Roberts getting off to a slow start dropping a pass and things like that but EVERYTHING is always positively spun right? Because a beat writer is writing it....

Meaningless is a strong word. Try telling that to the 6th rd rookie trying to make a name for himself. Ya, I get it. These guys are in shorts and jerseys, but they're trying to get noticed by these coaches off the jump....

Meaningless is a strong word. Try telling that to the 6th rd rookie trying to make a name for himself. Ya, I get it. These guys are in shorts and jerseys, but they're trying to get noticed by these coaches off the jump....

I'm right there with you homie. IDK if you didn't catch the meaning of my post i was totally agreeing with you that OTA's AREN'T totally meaningless and some good CAN actually come of them ESP when say you have a rookie starting at MLB and one vying for a starting WR spot. I just can't wait for the damn season.

I'm right there with you homie. IDK if you didn't catch the meaning of my post i was totally agreeing with you that OTA's AREN'T totally meaningless and some good CAN actually come of them ESP when say you have a rookie starting at MLB and one vying for a starting WR spot. I just can't wait for the damn season.

I knew we were on the same page, bro. All good...I should have clarified lol.

I wonder what NFL team had the best OTAs because that is a certain indication of how the season will progress.

Shit, even LKP knows OTAs are meaningless. Maybe he's coming around.

I wonder what NFL team had the best OTAs because that is a certain indication of how the season will progress.

Ya see? That's where the retard comes out of ya. Nobody is saying that..lol. But hey...run with it

So "meaningless", we lost our starting LT for half the yr. Brilliant.

Last edited:
So "meaningless", we lost our starting LT for half the yr. Brilliant.

There is meaning. The players learn the play book, develop, get coaching, add strength. It's just if someone is looking good, we know that might not translate on Sundays during the season. I know you know that and the others don't understand that you know that. Temper the excitement. It's not good to be so optimistic all the time *wink*

Ya see? That's where the retard comes out of ya. Nobody is saying that..lol. But hey...run with it

Hey, I was trying to attach some meaning to this "meaningless" exercise. Apparently OTAs indicate nothing at all, except how someone performed in them. Which is not "indicational" of anything, apparently, since no one can claim that OTAs indicate anything in regards to the season.

There is meaning. The players learn the play book, develop, get coaching, add strength. It's just if someone is looking good, we know that might not translate on Sundays during the season. I know you know that and the others don't understand that you know that. Temper the excitement. It's not good to be so optimistic all the time *wink*

Lol. Nice one. OTAS are especially important for the younger guys. That's all I really mean.

Hey, I was trying to attach some meaning to this "meaningless" exercise. Apparently OTAs indicate nothing at all, except how someone performed in them. Which is not "indicational" of anything, apparently, since no one can claim that OTAs indicate anything in regards to the season.

Whatever you say, man....:cheers:

Also it may be meaningless to translate on Sundays but it's still better to look good than bad no matter what.

I've seen Ebron dinged with some drops in OTAs. Good thing that is meaningless.

Back