Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lion Acquire 2 Tackles

Oh, looks like the pick was a 6th rounder.

What's the cap hit on Robinson?

He is guaranteed around 3.2 million this year. So chances are he will be on the team.

I still like the move. Sometimes a change of scenery and offense can do wonders for a player. Especially seeing it was just a 6th round pick

Lions waived long snapper Jimmy Landes to make room. 2016 6th round pick. Wonder if he'll make it back to the Lions some day.... Strange pick

Robinson was 2nd overall pick in the draft for the Rams. Lots of talent, maybe change in scheme and coaching will help him. Koaudnijo is a 2nd round pick and had a solid grade last year. Lions have good tackle depth once Decker comes back. Robinson still young enough to finally get it and be good.

Love the moves.

He is guaranteed around 3.2 million this year. So chances are he will be on the team.

I still like the move. Sometimes a change of scenery and offense can do wonders for a player. Especially seeing it was just a 6th round pick

I don't see him any better than what we already have.. Losing a 6th round pick is no big deal but 3.2 imo would be better used elsewhere.

I don't see him any better than what we already have.. Losing a 6th round pick is no big deal but 3.2 imo would be better used elsewhere.

He started 42 games. 2nd overall pick in a draft. Talented. Just hasn't put it altogether yet. Great depth when Decker returns. He can hold the ship.

How is that not better than inexperienced guys who were 5th, 7th and undrafted free aggents? Though I do like Dahl but you lose guard depth if you move him.

Also he is better than the options of Clady and Beatty and Jake Long still out there. Way more potential and less injury risk.

Last edited:
Both of these guys have talent, but a lot of question marks. $3.2m or not, there is no guarantee either of them makes the final roster.

They have a chance to prove themselves. In Cyrus' case, that he's not a lunatic who climbs naked over electric fences and screams for cops to "Shoot Me!".

In Greg's case, that he can play at a high level to back up that talent when he could stick at LT, RT, or RG for another team after being the 2nd overall pick.

Neither guy may do anything, or both could become really stellar picks during the course of a long an injury prone season.

Fact is, I'd rather have two guys with talent than a spare long snapper, so I'm fine with rolling the dice.

Both of these guys have talent, but a lot of question marks. $3.2m or not, there is no guarantee either of them makes the final roster.

They have a chance to prove themselves. In Cyrus' case, that he's not a lunatic who climbs naked over electric fences and screams for cops to "Shoot Me!".

In Greg's case, that he can play at a high level to back up that talent when he could stick at LT, RT, or RG for another team after being the 2nd overall pick.

Neither guy may do anything, or both could become really stellar picks during the course of a long an injury prone season.

Fact is, I'd rather have two guys with talent than a spare long snapper, so I'm fine with rolling the dice.

It's not the LS it's the 3.2m. That can get a solid player at another position. It seems a lot for "maybe a new scenery will help." And talent is subjective, if he had talent the Rams wouldn't trade him off for a 6th round pick.

It's not the LS it's the 3.2m. That can get a solid player at another position. It seems a lot for "maybe a new scenery will help." And talent is subjective, if he had talent the Rams wouldn't trade him off for a 6th round pick.

3.3 for Robinson but they probably dump Lucas on a 1.7 million restricted tender on the final 53.

Considering Decker is hurt, it most certainly is worth 3.3 million and taking a shot. Lions still have room now. And they have a boat load of room in 2018 (taking +40 million after a Stafford extension and Ansah franchise tag)

Last edited:
3.3 for Robinson but they probably dump Lucas on a 1.7 million restricted tender on the final 53.

Considering Decker is hurt, it most certainly is worth 3.3 million and taking a shot. Lions still have room now. And they have a boat load of room in 2018 (taking +40 million after a Stafford extension and Ansah franchise tag)

If you think he's better than what we have sure, I just don't. Thanks for the Lucas info.

From what I am reading as I get the links together for the trade and signing;
Robinson might wind up on the right side at Guard. Possible bye to Tomlinson.

If they cut Robinson still on the hook for his 3+Million. If Lucas cut save about 1.5 M.

LT was a glaring hole we would have been looking at for probably 10 weeks of the season. HAd to do something and moving Dahl means less depth in the interior. Glad theyre trying the throw shit at the wall approach. Robinson could pan out to be more than shit...3.2 is worth giving it a shot and cyrus is good depth. Problem solved for now....

I agree that 3.2 million is way too much for "a change of scenery might help" player, but I also think this signals the end of Laken, who will save $1.19mm against the cap this year, so the total cost comes down to 2 million if I am right.

2 million to help keep Stafford upright and out of a full body cast is acceptable.

Robinson was working at guard for the Rams. I think Cyrus is your likely LT with Robinson at LG.

So essentially, 4 new players out of 5 for this season. Scary.

I agree that 3.2 million is way too much for "a change of scenery might help" player, but I also think this signals the end of Laken, who will save $1.19mm against the cap this year, so the total cost comes down to 2 million if I am right.

2 million to help keep Stafford upright and out of a full body cast is acceptable.

Robinson was working at guard for the Rams. I think Cyrus is your likely LT with Robinson at LG.

So essentially, 4 new players out of 5 for this season. Scary.

However it pans out...credit Quin for making the move. Saw a need and did something about it. As opposed to the common Mayhew phrases we would get every year "ughhh....ya....we kinda underestimated our depth at that spot and it bit us."

Mayhew loved him some waddle, hilliard, cornelius lucas. Waddle did well in 2013, average 2014 then finally done

He did have backus gosder healthy 2010 and 2011. 2012 has backus gosder and reiff

However it pans out...credit Quin for making the move. Saw a need and did something about it. As opposed to the common Mayhew phrases we would get every year "ughhh....ya....we kinda underestimated our depth at that spot and it bit us."

I don't want to discredit Quinn but Mayhew brought guys in as well.. All GM's do. It depends on if it works out or not.. It probably is no big deal if he fails but if he's a guard here then I don't understand it even more.

Last edited:

They just lost their starting LT for half the yr lol. They didn't really have a choice. Dahl obviously isn't ready to jump in the mix to be the starter at LT. At least Robinson has the experience over Dahl. It's a move that had to be made....

Back