Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2017 Season Debacle, trades, releases and fired thread

Miggy chimes in on the trade talk

"They gotta do what they gotta do to get this team better. So it’s not part of my business. I don’t really think about it. If they want to trade me, trade me. If they want to trade this guy, if they want to trade that guy, trade that guy. But I don’t like to come here every day and hear that this guy is going to get traded, this guy is going to go away. Do something. That’s it.”

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...guel-cabrera-trade-rumors-everyday/463206001/

JV sums it all up nicely when he say it's like whip cream on shit

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detr...hilarious-analogy-solid-start-saturday/94271/

Miggy chimes in on the trade talk

"They gotta do what they gotta do to get this team better. So it?s not part of my business. I don?t really think about it. If they want to trade me, trade me. If they want to trade this guy, if they want to trade that guy, trade that guy. But I don?t like to come here every day and hear that this guy is going to get traded, this guy is going to go away. Do something. That?s it.?

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...guel-cabrera-trade-rumors-everyday/463206001/

JV sums it all up nicely when he say it's like whip cream on shit

http://detroitsportsnation.com/detr...hilarious-analogy-solid-start-saturday/94271/

I wonder if Miggy does anything in the clubhouse (as a leader) or just bitches to the media?

I wonder if Miggy does anything in the clubhouse (as a leader) or just bitches to the media?

I don't think he needs to. For years he was a leader by hitting the shit out of the ball.. Plus, not sure that's bitching - no one like's to hear trade rumors for 7 months..

I don't think he needs to. For years he was a leader by hitting the shit out of the ball.. Plus, not sure that's bitching - no one like's to hear trade rumors for 7 months..

I agree that it is not always necessary for your best players to be vocal clubhouse leaders, but I feel if they are the vocal leaders, they carry the most weight.

As far as his comments to the media...I do feel that is "bitching". I don't have a problem with him bitching...it's his right. However, the reason the trade rumors are out there is because the players are performing so poorly.

I agree that it is not always necessary for your best players to be vocal clubhouse leaders, but I feel if they are the vocal leaders, they carry the most weight.

As far as his comments to the media...I do feel that is "bitching". I don't have a problem with him bitching...it's his right. However, the reason the trade rumors are out there is because the players are performing so poorly.

No, it's because the team is so poorly. Small distinction. JD still has rumors and he's hitting well. As a true leader, some guys don't do vocally. I'm not sure the Tigers have had a vocal leader in some time..

No, it's because the team is so poorly. Small distinction. JD still has rumors and he's hitting well. As a true leader, some guys don't do vocally. I'm not sure the Tigers have had a vocal leader in some time..

yes, the team, which consists of players. The players are playing poorly...not all of them, but most of them.

yes, the team, which consists of players. The players are playing poorly...not all of them, but most of them.

The point is, even if you have a WS type team guys get agitated about trade rumors. Playing poorly makes no difference.

well, then they are in the wrong line of work.

Or they have the wrong GM. Who says we'll trade any and all, twice. I feel like Miggy does.. If you're going to trade, trade. 3 weeks left.. It probably takes that long for Avila to understand what's going on.

Or they have the wrong GM. Who says we'll trade any and all, twice. I feel like Miggy does.. If you're going to trade, trade. 3 weeks left.. It probably takes that long for Avila to understand what's going on.

oh, they definitely have the wrong GM. I just don't see the problem with letting people know that everybody is fair game in the trade market. It happens all of the time.

oh, they definitely have the wrong GM. I just don't see the problem with letting people know that everybody is fair game in the trade market. It happens all of the time.

It does happen and players get tired of it sometimes.. Not just Miggy. Just let them play ball and whatever happens, happens.

I can't judge the motives or mission of a player who is wondering where he's going to be playing in three weeks, even though player movement is part of the job.

You nor I know what goes on in the clubhouse, nor should we.

I don't think he is bitching as much as making a observation. But, you slant it however you wish. Hence, the disdain.

ok well i'll bet the tigers end up getting a chance to let it play out and see if they can make up for the huge hole they dug themselves in the second half which they won't of coruse.. why even the chance to find out? because Al Avila is inept and the demand for most of our guys just isn't nearly as high as Al would like to believe. I'll bet they only end up moving 1 or 2 guys maybe 3 tops, JD, Justin Wilson and maybe Iggy, and that's it. Asking price for JV is too high, Kinsler is only hitting .240 and there is no demand at 2b, that's my prediction. Now the question is does Al manage to get anything decent in return for JD and Justin, I won't hold my breath.

Last edited:
ok well i'll bet the tigers end up getting a chance to let it play out and see if they can make up for the huge hole they dug themselves in the second half which they won't of coruse.. why even the chance to find out? because Al Avila is inept and the demand for most of our guys just isn't nearly as high as Al would like to believe. I'll bet they only end up moving 1 or 2 guys maybe 3 tops, JD, Justin Wilson and maybe Iggy, and that's it. Asking price for JV is too high, Kinsler is only hitting .240 and there is no demand at 2b, that's my prediction. Now the question is does Al manage to get anything decent in return for JD and Justin, I won't hold my breath.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Alex as well.

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised to see them move Alex as well.

Alex as well agree, not really looking forward to McCann being the every day catcher either. Hope they can find a better option than McCann next year, maybe they'll just sign Alex again after trading him. Rental

You nor I know what goes on in the clubhouse, nor should we.

I don't think he is bitching as much as making a observation. But, you slant it however you wish. Hence, the disdain.

no, we don't...but we can wonder...which is what I was doing out loud.

It sure sounded like bitching....but you can call it an observation if you would like.

Back