Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Opioid Prescriptions

Other then Red Wings .. Anything in Red Is bad!!!l. I didn't even look at Red vehicles when I bought my truck lol

Least in Michigan we will revive you .. This idoit just wants to stop services ..Welcome to the Draconian state of America if that happens. Good thing someone else is in charge. But let's keep cutting programs that might help get people off drugs... Anyway Michigan at 49% and Ohio at 42% makes me thing it's a big problem everywhere,

http://fox8.com/2017/06/23/ohio-councilman-asks-if-city-can-stop-responding-to-overdoses/

Last edited:
The Drugs to get you there.
The drugs to save you.
But let's cut most of the intervention programs..
One day Americans will have taxpayer funded medicine for everyone. They will look back at how barbaric we treated each other.. Well a certain group anyway.

It's been a bad start to the century, Wolverine fans, but fuck:

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2017/06/michigan_opioid_heroin.html

This really belongs on teh politics board. More and more Americans left behind due to... well... capitalism, really. All jobs outsourced, and no government efforts to provide alternative employment or job training... nothing. these people are seeing existence as so futile and bleak they're just completely tuning out and killing themselves with opiates.

and with our Federal and state governments in the hands of big business and the ?ber wealthy, it's unlikely any New "New Deal" type policies to get people working and involved again will be passed anytime soon. gotta get those tax breaks for the rich in, even if they kill more poor Americans.

I couldn't believe it last year, when the feds finally tried to do something to at least reign in the availability of pills, (treating the symptoms rather than the problem), but lobbying from the opioid pharmaceuticals killed any attempts to regulate it. click the link... it's fucking unbelievable. What a great win for capitalism!

i was not surprised, however when the fucking sociopaths in the Trump administration got into office and announced their focus would be on marijuana, not opioids.

ANYWAYS... I wondered when someone would post something about this. I didn't think the first post on the board about the opioid crisis would be from someone trying to use it to slag on Michigan, especially when their own state's opioid crisis has been generating headlines like these for the past year:

Dayton, OH morgue runs out of space due to opioid OD victims (that's the 2nd time in a year that has happened)

Montgomery County Ohio already has exceeded its 2016 opioid death totals halfway through 2017

Ohio becomes the 2nd State after Mississippi to sue pharmaceutical companies over the opioid crisis - guessing you're not in favor of the suit, jwlco... how dare "big government" get in the way of the little pharmaceutical companies just trying to make a buck.

also: fuck you with a broken coke bottle. :cheers:

I wonder what percentage of opioid overdoses are from illegal drugs vs. prescribed meds

let me field this one: the problem is prescribed meds... "legal" only in the sense that the pharmaceutical industry has successfully killed all legislative attempts to shut down pill farms & the sleazy doctors that peddle the pharmaceutical's wares through them.

the article I posted on lobbying has an exerpt on this. since I know you're looking for an excuse to blame "personal responsibility" rather than the billion dollar pharmaceuticals making this shit, I'll bold the operative words for you:
in Tennessee in 2014 when Republican state Rep. Ryan Williams began work to stanch the flow of prescription painkillers, alarmed by a rising number of drug-addicted babies. More than 900 were born the year before, nine times the amount in 2001, many of them hooked on the prescription opioids their mothers had taken.

Doctors told Williams that part of Tennessee’s problem was a 2001 law that allowed clinicians to refuse to prescribe powerful narcotics only if they steered patients to an opioid-friendly doctor.​

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
let me field this one: the problem is prescribed meds... "legal" only in the sense that the pharmaceutical industry has successfully killed all legislative attempts to shut down pill farms & the sleazy doctors that peddle the pharmaceutical's wares through them.

the article I posted on lobbying has an exerpt on this. since I know you're looking for an excuse to blame "personal responsibility" rather than the billion dollar pharmaceuticals making this shit, I'll bold the operative words for you:
in Tennessee in 2014 when Republican state Rep. Ryan Williams began work to stanch the flow of prescription painkillers, alarmed by a rising number of drug-addicted babies. More than 900 were born the year before, nine times the amount in 2001, many of them hooked on the prescription opioids their mothers had taken.

Doctors told Williams that part of Tennessee?s problem was a 2001 law that allowed clinicians to refuse to prescribe powerful narcotics only if they steered patients to an opioid-friendly doctor.​

hqdefault.jpg

so you don't know the answer to my question.

please tell me those addiction rates are from people illegally making their own opioid pills at home, and not pills made by drug companies... I'm desperate to find some way to excuse the pharmaceutical industry here because I HATE WHEN LIBERALS ARE RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING!

Just like adderall can be readily bought at any higher education institution so can opiods.

There is a difference between people getting opiods via prescription and those buying it on the black market.

Likewise I should pointout there is a difference between accidental and intentional overdose. What must be aknowledged is that opiod overdose is becoming a more popular form for suicide.

please tell me those addiction rates are from people illegally making their own opioid pills at home, and not pills made by drug companies... I'm desperate to find some way to excuse the pharmaceutical industry here because I HATE WHEN LIBERALS ARE RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING!

I make my own opioids at home.

I used to get opioids via prescription through my insurance provider before Obamacare made it too expensive for me to pay my insurance premiums.

So now I make my own opioids for myself at home.

I am certainly hoping that Trump Care will make it affordable to me finance my opiate addiction through an insurance company.

Just like adderall can be readily bought at any higher education institution so can opiods.

There is a difference between people getting opiods via prescription and those buying it on the black market.

Likewise I should pointout there is a difference between accidental and intentional overdose. What must be aknowledged is that opiod overdose is becoming a more popular form for suicide.

At the Student Union or at the Campus Bookstore??

"Yeah but what percentage of these deaths due to prescription opioids are due to prescription opioids?"

"100%."

"Ha. FAKE NEWS!"

*turns back to the Golf Channel and pops a handful of vicodin*

here I thought we were talking about all opioids, not just prescription drugs.

here I thought we were talking about all opioids, not just prescription drugs.

I saw this story on my twitter feed today and realized why you might have been confused now; too much Fox News.

LOL at "the border wall will help end America's opioid crisis because heroin is also an opioid." What hole in the wall do morons like him crawl out of?

We're talking about good old American made opioid's, Fox! Red white and blue ones. Those are the ones that have started this epidemic.

Back