Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Matthew Stafford comes in as No. 9 QB in NFL

The question becomes has he earned it..?

Well since 'that's how it works', isn't it irrelevant? And even if it's not, I'd rather pay a 29 year old that has the potential to be more rather than someone that is older and is past his prime but 'earned it' or someone that was carried by his team.

Flacco 'earned' his contract. Sometimes wins and losses aren't a good barometer of whether a player should get a deal of this scale.

Well since 'that's how it works', isn't it irrelevant? And even if it's not, I'd rather pay a 29 year old that has the potential to be more rather than someone that is older and is past his prime but 'earned it' or someone that was carried by his team.

Flacco 'earned' his contract. Sometimes wins and losses aren't a good barometer of whether a player should get a deal of this scale.

We knew he was getting paid like that so yeah I guess so. Like I said, I'm not going to get in this with you - we have different opinions - doesn't mean you're right and I am wrong. Just means I had hope he'd give us more than he has. You disagree.

So bottom line, yes - the contract he has was a no brainer.

You are delusional. Almost everyone agreed that his contract was about right at the time. Here is the thread:

http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?t=25472

Delusional??? Try again, genius. You know what "almost everyone" means btw? It means, not everyone was on board with paying him that type of money. Besides, I wasn't necessarily talking about this board. I was talking Lions fans in general lol. But way to make yourself look like a complete imbecile on the subject...bravo....

Last edited:
Dan Orlovsky thinks Matthew Stafford will be a Hall of Fame quarterback.
He may be a little biased, but...
During an appearance on ESPN?s radio show ?Golic and Wingo? former Detroit Lions quarterback Dan Orlovsky let it slip that he thinks Matthew Stafford is a Hall of Fame player, while noting that he doesn?t think anyone should predict the Lions to finish last in the division.
https://twitter.com/GolicAndWingo/status/1022840196444905479

Back