Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bball Assistant Hired

doesn't sound like a terrible hire. red flag here though: "Haynes' rise has come quickly. Officially, he's changed jobs three times in the last 15 months, going from Kent State to Toledo to Illinois State and now, it appears, to Michigan."

doesn't sound like a terrible hire. red flag here though: "Haynes' rise has come quickly. Officially, he's changed jobs three times in the last 15 months, going from Kent State to Toledo to Illinois State and now, it appears, to Michigan."

I wouldn't worry about that too much. He stayed at Kent State from 2012-2016 then moved to Toledo. He never actually coached at Illinois State. He was hired this year and then Michigan came calling. You leave Illinois State 101 times out of 100 when that happens.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. He stayed at Kent State from 2012-2016 then moved to Toledo. He never actually coached at Illinois State. He was hired this year and then Michigan came calling. You leave Illinois State 101 times out of 100 when that happens.

Well he did leave his alma mater (kent st) for better $$ at Toledo, then bolted from UT after only a year for what appears to be a lateral move to Ill St. Not saying I'm worried about anything, but I think MC's red flag is legit.

Sounds like a good coach though. Hopefully he sticks around for at least a few years and then is good enough for a head job somewhere.

Illinois State is a better program than Toledo. Toledo hasn't made the tourney since 1980.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

True. But it's still the same position in a mid major conference. We'll call it a forward pass, just over the line of scrimmage

True. But it's still the same position in a mid major conference. We'll call it a forward pass, just over the line of scrimmage
Close to true. MVC is just way better than the MAC.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Back