Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 117 Tigers vs Twins 8/13/2017

gotime909

Miggy and Ian both sit with injuries- http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...-tigers-miguel-cabrera-ian-kinsler/563078001/

Tigers

Mahtook CF
Presley RF
Upton LF
Nick 3B
Hicks 1B
VMart DH
McCann C
Romine 2B
Iggy SS

P-Boyd

Twinks

Dozier 2B
Grossman RF
Sano 1B
Escobar DH
Rosario LF
Gimenez C
Polanco SS
Buxton CF
Adrianza 3B

P-E Santana

Preview- http://www.espn.com/mlb/preview?gameId=370813106

Tigers vs Santana- http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/6280/ervin-santana

Twinks vs Boyd- http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/34401/matthew-boyd

Last edited:
Offense with a good job tying it up at 4-4 after falling before 4-0 in the 3rd.

I had to change broadcasts not sure how anyone stands Gibby. "Presley can't be picked off here." Oh really.

The Detroit Tigers are still trying to find an effective bridge to new closer Shane Greene.

The Tigers entered the eighth tied at 4, but reliever Bruce Rondon looked out sorts from the start.
He began his appearance by throwing six consecutive balls and left having thrown one strike on nine pitches.

He walked the only two batters he faced on nine pitches, even though the second batter, catcher Chris Gimenez, was simply trying to give himself up on a sacrifice bunt.

Rondon's fastball velocity was well below normal, perhaps because by the end he was desperately trying to put the ball over the plate.

Manager Brad Ausmus had little patience, summoning Warwick Saupold even though he had just started to warm up.

Both of Rondon's walked batters eventually scored, although Saupold prevented further damage.

NOTABLE
Twins second baseman Brian Dozier hit Matt Boyd's third pitch of the game to the left field seats for his 23rd home run of the year and the 25th lead-off home run of his career.

FuckFace Sano entered the at-bat with poor career numbers against Matthew Boyd (2-for-16 with 11 strikeouts) but he smashed a two-run home run to left to give the Twins a 4-0 lead in the third.
FuckFace Sano and Boyd had a run-in April after FuckFace was hit in retaliation for JaCoby Jones getting hit by a pitch in the face.

The Tigers missed a promising opportunity in the fourth inning when they loaded the bases with two outs. But Twins starter Ervin Santana struck out Andrew Romine and Jose Iglesias to end the inning.

Santana did throw 34 pitches in the inning and reached 100 just one inning later, one of reasons he had an early exit from the game.

The Tigers allowed 11 runs and 19 hits and still won on Saturday, only the fifth time that's happened in franchise history and just the second time since 1938.

Jeff Ferrell pitched a 1-2-3 ninth inning for the Tigers in his first big-league work since he finished the season with the Tigers on Oct. 4, 2015.

Lefty Matt Boyd gave up four runs on six hits over 5 2/3 innings for the Tigers. He walked three and struck out five. It?s the third consecutive outing he?s failed to give the Tigers a quality start.

Roars:
Alex Wilson, Jeff Ferrell, Alex Presley

Hisses:
Rondon, Saupold, Ausmus, the entire tigers organization, and the next seven generations.

Bruce Rondon was just optioned to Toledo to clear the way for Fulmer coming back off the DL tomorrow.

Boooooce blows another one.

10.91 ERA for this clown now. Is that worse than Lowe was when he was here?

Last edited:
Not the ERA but that WHIP. No way he deserves to be on a ML squad.

Grabbed another 25% off rack pack on food trip again this week tonight, this time a 2016 topps update series pack

One tiger card

Michael Fulmer RC, I'll prolly keep that one for awhile

Grabbed another 25% off rack pack on food trip again this week tonight, this time a 2016 topps update series pack

One tiger card

Michael Fulmer RC, I'll prolly keep that one for awhile

Are cards sell-able like they used to be? Man I love collecting cards when I was younger..

Are cards sell-able like they used to be? Man I love collecting cards when I was younger..

Not really I used to sell cards on eBay years back can't really get crap for much of anything. I gave it up

Last edited:
Not really I used to sell cards on eBay years back can't really get crap for much of anything. I gave it up

My card of doom, as I like to call him, as I got him in what seem like every pack - - Mike Lum. Couldn't trade him for nothing.

Last edited:
My card of doom, as I like to call him, as I got him in what seem like every pack - - Mike Lum. Couldn't trade him for nothing.

I can't even remember now who I used to get a lot off, just remember spending every quarter I could find or get every day on as many packs as I could get. Early 80's through 89 mostly.. for the most part 88-91 or so were extremely saturated years for cards..you can't give stuff from these years away for nutton.

Last edited:
I can't even remember now who I used to get a lot off, just remember spending every quarter I could find or get every day on as many packs as I could get. Early 80's through 89 mostly.. for the most part 88-91 or so were extremely saturated years for cards..you can't give stuff from these years away for nutton.

Not sure how much cards were then but in the 70's I could get 7 packs for a dollar and five cents. I would get money from my Dad and Uncle who would throw coins in our pool and I'd get it that way. Give it to my best friends older brother and he'd get them for us.. I miss those days.

Back