Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Guild Wars 2

themadbomber

Probably my guild's next MMO.

Apparently this version will be loads better than the first one they churned out a few years back.

F2P also, which is a bonus

Probably my guild's next MMO.

Apparently this version will be loads better than the first one they churned out a few years back.

F2P also, which is a bonus

I'll probably play it too. Its been in development along time. F2P usually aren't as good in my experience so I'm not sure what to expect and I never played the first one but it's worth a shot I guess.

Last edited:
I'll probably play it too. Its been in development along time. F2P usually aren't as good in my experience so I'm not sure what to expect and I never played the first one but it's worth a shot I guess.

1st one was brutal. I don't mind saying I honestly flat out despised it.

This one will have better PvE which should attract a larger playbase. The PvP should be very similar to DAOC from what I hear.

I agree F2P usually not as good. Hoping this one is the exception. I should have 10-12 guys going to play when it releases.

1st one was brutal. I don't mind saying I honestly flat out despised it.

This one will have better PvE which should attract a larger playbase. The PvP should be very similar to DAOC from what I hear.

I agree F2P usually not as good. Hoping this one is the exception. I should have 10-12 guys going to play when it releases.

When you say very similar to DAOC, do you mean 3 factions? That's the missing ingredient to recent games in PVP.

More like the Realm vs. Realm style you saw in DAOC.

Going to be more to it though. It'll have aspects similar to WoW too where you can casually enter Battlegrounds from anywhere in the world, be a competitive Arena Style pvp'er, do the Realm vs. Realm stuff with strategic capture locations - vehicles, ect... similar to like Wintergrasp... Plus the world PvP elements which will be more interesting than in recent games.

Guild Wars 1 had great PvP... but hte PvE had no draw, so the player base was too small. That's the trick - you gotta nail PvE, or nobody is gonna play.

They look to have corrected that with this edition

Last edited:
I'm hoping Realm vs Realm vs Realm. With only 2 factions, PVP becomes "you have more people against us", "You have more max level chars" etc. BS.

It's technically "WorldvsWorldvsWorld". Similar to DAoC. I'm probably going to wait a while before picking it up. Not fond of GW1, and the streams/vids I've seen of GW2 are... well...

I'm a PvP guy... I saw a fight last 5 minutes before people just ran away from each other... lol

It's technically "WorldvsWorldvsWorld". Similar to DAoC. I'm probably going to wait a while before picking it up. Not fond of GW1, and the streams/vids I've seen of GW2 are... well...

I'm a PvP guy... I saw a fight last 5 minutes before people just ran away from each other... lol

PVP guy here too but I don't want 5 minute 1 on 1 fights. That's ludacris (in my Mike Tyson voice) :yay:

But 3 realms could be cool..

Now mind you, I've played a game before where it took 8 hours for a fight to finish, but that was twitch-based pvp. And as far as I know, this doesn't have a lot of skill shots. But oh well, I'll wait for about a month or two.

League of Legends is keeping me busy.

GW1 was awful. Hated it.

I'm hoping to get into the GW2 beta, but based on what I read on their site, looks like it should be better.

I tried GW1 and wasn't a fan. I prebought GW2, been following it's development for over a year. Prebuying automatically gets you into the beta. The game is fucking amazing, and I haven't even tried out any PvP yet(whether it is structured or WvW). Next beta is coming out hopefully this weekend, if not the weekend after.

There is a stress test today. Only four hours long, but I wait with eager anticipation.

Try some PVP. I'd like to know how it is, thanks ;-)

BTW, when is the release date again?

I am very pumped for this game. I have been having a huge internal debate on whether or not to be a Thief, Elementalist, or Mesmer. I played Necro in GW1, and even though that is the class I usually prefer, I want to try something new. Mesmer can be incredibly complicated, so I'm leaning towards Thief.

I watched some YouTube on it and it looked alright. Not sure yet. I hate playing games ahead of time to level but I might try this and level a guy or two to level 5 or so to get a feel for it.

I am very pumped for this game. I have been having a huge internal debate on whether or not to be a Thief, Elementalist, or Mesmer. I played Necro in GW1, and even though that is the class I usually prefer, I want to try something new. Mesmer can be incredibly complicated, so I'm leaning towards Thief.

It really depends on what you want. I played the thief for a few levels, but it was the least favorite out of the 6 I've tried. Ele was great fun.

Final beta is this weekend.

I will be playing Thief, Ranger and Necro I think. Looking forward to it, downloading the game client as I type this.

Btw, of the ones who will play do you have a server you're interested in? I'm going guild-less in this one so I'll be solo'ng my way through Tyria.

Last edited:
Back