Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > FYI > News & Announcements

Old 01-05-2016, 10:16 AM   #1

Formatting Posts

Ive been meaning to bring this up, but keep forgetting...Not sure if this the correct place to post this question, but hopefully nobody minds..

Anyways, for as long as I can remember there used to be a way to format posts (make text Bold, Italic, Underline, change font size/color, etc.) as well as post hyperlinks (nice for posting websites who have a million characters in them). However, the past 3 months or so, these options have disappeared , and now all I see when I post something are the 'Post Icons' (aka smiley faces)

Are we still able to format our posts? If so, can someone tell me how to do so? usually you can do /u (text) u/ or something like that, to make words underlined, etc. but I cant figure out how to do so on here...

BTW - Ive tried on Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer (just to see if it was a Chrome issue) but no dice either way

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by tbone413; 01-05-2016 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:26 AM   #2

YES, I can still bold and underline.

Can't seem to hyperlink though. Edit:

Hyperlink Here

Okay, got it to work. Autoparse seems to be turned off. So bracket like I do below, but add [/url] at the end..

[url="webaddresshere"]Hyperlink Here

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 01-05-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:41 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
YES, I can still bold and underline.

Can't seem to hyperlink though. Edit:
Hyperlink Here

Okay, got it to work. Autoparse seems to be turned off. So bracket like I do below, but add [/url] at the end..

[url="http://www.hyperlinkcode.com/"]Hyperlink Here
Ahh Okay, I just quoted your post and it looks like '[B]' "text" '[B/]' is Bold, and '[U] "text" [U/] is underline...

Thanks man
Old 01-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone413 View Post
Ahh Okay, I just quoted your post and it looks like '[B]' "text" '[B/]' is Bold, and '[U] "text" [U/] is underline...

Thanks man
The bold and italic and underline should have clickable buttons so not to do it manually.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 01-05-2016, 10:48 AM   #5

See thats what it USED to be for me....i dont have any of those options. Or the little picture icons or whatnot.

I took a screen shot of how it looks on my PC - but I cant add it haha.
Edit - ( I think I can do it with the 'attach files' button, so I'll give that a try.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (90.1 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by tbone413; 01-05-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:17 AM   #6

That's odd. You should have them. But I believe I heard of others on here that don't as well. Are you on a mobile device by chance? If you are maybe try a PC. I can see those options on both Firefox and Chrome.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:25 AM   #7

Try this.. Go into edit options, in user CP up top. Near the bottom there is an option for Basic, standard or full formatting. Make sure you don't have basic.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:38 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Try this.. Go into edit options, in user CP up top. Near the bottom there is an option for Basic, standard or full formatting. Make sure you don't have basic.
That did the trick!! Awesome - thanks man....thats been driving me nuts for a while now haha. No idea why/how it got switched to the 'basic' format..
Old 01-05-2016, 11:41 AM   #9

You're welcome.