Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander traded to Houston, TJ Surgery, Wins 2 WS, Wins 3rd Cy Young Now a Met

Last 10 years

#1 in Wins

#1 in Innings Pitched

#2 in WAR (Kershaw)

#2 in Games Started (Lester)

#3 in Strikeouts (Scherzer, Kershaw)

#6 in Complete Games

#7 in OPP BAVG

#14 in WHIP

#15 in ERA

250 wins is pretty tough. 15 wins is a good total these days. That means that Verlander needs 4-5 good years. I don't know if he has that in him. I agree that is what it will take. Maybe the change of scenery will rejuvenate him.

The way he's pitching for Houston. The next 30 game winner is in the making? Houston has a great defense behind him as well, not those old DH type players n Detroit. JV K's and Houston's D 20 games is well within reach. Tigers need to get in the real world and catch up to world.
Tigers better start drafting a whole lot better.

I see 250 wins as possible. Only 62 away. He could pitch 6 more years until he's 40.. Average 10 is not all that difficult. If he stays with the Astros the next two years he'll win games if he pitches poorly because of that offense.. I think he gets 35 wins the next two years.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/2017/11/justin_verlander_talks_about_w.html#incart_river_index
Justin Verlander talks about World Series win, marrying Kate Upton.
Mlive

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/m...ustin-verlander-kate-upton-wedding/873976001/
Justin Verlander talks about wedding to Kate Upon on 'Today'. with webvideo.
Freep

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...in-verlander-describes-crazy-month/107778882/
Justin Verlander discusses ‘crazy’ month.
Detnews

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/11/17...scuss-his-wedding-and-workout-with-kate-upton
Justin Verlander told the 'Today Show' the World Series nearly delayed his wedding to Kate Upton.
MLB.com

Last edited:
Verlander ties carrer high strikeouts tonight after 8 scoreless againts spanks 14k’s he always did own the Yankees, he’s off to a hellva start for Houston this year

currently now tied with Jack Morris at 34th all time (2,478)

Last edited:
Verlander ties carrer high strikeouts tonight after 8 scoreless againts spanks 14k?s he always did own the Yankees, he?s off to a hellva start for Houston this year

currently now tied with Jack Morris at 34th all time (2,478)

lol...he must think he's back with Tigers.

He goes 8 innings, 3 hits, 0 walks, 14 Ks and leaves with a scoreless tie. Then the bull pen comes in for the 9th and gives up 4 runs.

:clap:

12 starts with Houston reg season since trade and he's 9-0 with a very low ERA. It was stupid to trade him. I thought it was last year and still think.. And we got jack for him.

And yet we get Candelario for Avila and a RP. We got nothing for JD, forget what we got for Upton but it was shit too.

Last edited:
But I do like the 129m payroll. We actually could be better than last years team. So it's not all bad I guess.

But I do like the 129m payroll. We actually could be better than last years team. So it's not all bad I guess.

Multi-Billionaire son of Mike, Chris Ilitch cut off his nose to spite his face with the trades and payroll slashing. He has the Detroit Tigers media in a concerted effort to kiss his ass and dumb as a rock Al Avila's, saying how they got back great young players.

All he has to do is look to the box seats and grand stand and see all the empty seats. Has done the same with the Red Wings.

They should get a nice player with the amatuer draft, but where they continue to be completely lacking in talent evaluation, is in rounds 2 through 10.

I won't see it at my age, but hopefully you guys under the age of 40/50 will see Ilitch sell the Tigers and Red Wings, and this group of asswipes in the front office tarred and feathered and run out of Detroit.

Multi-Billionaire son of Mike, Chris Ilitch cut off his nose to spite his face with the trades and payroll slashing. He has the Detroit Tigers media in a concerted effort to kiss his ass and dumb as a rock Al Avila's, saying how they got back great young players.

All he has to do is look to the box seats and grand stand and see all the empty seats. Has done the same with the Red Wings.

They should get a nice player with the amatuer draft, but where they continue to be completely lacking in talent evaluation, is in rounds 2 through 10.

I won't see it at my age, but hopefully you guys under the age of 40/50 will see Ilitch sell the Tigers and Red Wings, and this group of asswipes in the front office tarred and feathered and run out of Detroit.

As bad as both are right now I still can't stop watching them.

I'm actually worried about that top pick we have. If anyone can screw that up it's Avila. At least we got Candyman. He's exciting to watch. But everything else you said is rock solid and I agree with.

At least I have the age to see many championships in Detroit. So I have some memories.

Back