Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Michigan State Spartans

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2018, 01:03 PM   #24

What happened in 1 week? We went from blowing out a decent team like Maryland to getting blasted by OSU and going to OT with Rutgers.

Izzo might practice his team too hard, they look worn down right now. But more than that, both OSU and Rutgers were incredibly physical on defense. Our offense has a lot of motion and both those teams clogged it up for our cutters so much so that they stopped cutting hard to the ball. I'd bet Izzo spends all practice today on having the guys run harder on offense. Defense was fine most of last night, until late in the game when their guards were driving and making circus shots.

Team will figure it out, and earlier in this thread a couple of us were actually hoping for some adversity.

Rutgers has more size than any team we have faced, and they aren't just tall, they're big. I really like what their coach is building there, they are going to be good. Ohio State scouted us well and clogged it up more than Rutgers did, and they had that 21-2 run in 2 and a half minutes that was really strange and made the difference.

Michigan is a finesse team, doubt they stop our O like that. But they are playing pretty well too. Penetration from their guards is the only thing that worries me.