Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > FYI > News & Announcements

Old 07-21-2016, 05:21 PM   #1

Forum down from Wednesday evening to this afternoon

Was strange how it went down for 2-3 hours and was working Wednesday night for a half hour. I was able to post some on the team notes, and then just as sudden it went down again this time all night and Thursday until this afternoon.
Spoke with the Admin, Bob, Tinsel, and Rebbiv.

Admin replied, "what message are you getting when trying to access the forum? What does it say? I've been on it since last night, works fine for me, but I'm the only one online.. no other members. Very weird. It's not hacked though, probably just something that the host changed".

There was a box last night when trying to get on that requested my screen name and password. Even after the one time I did fill it out, it would not open to the forum. Hope is if it was a 'host change' all is and will be working without any more glitches.
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by kalinecountry; 07-21-2016 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:14 PM   #2

I got the same thing. Working fine now, obviously.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:30 PM   #3

I thought that my IP addy was being blocked, since DSF can be viewed and browsed w/o needing to login. So I tried using proxy servers (using Hide My Ass) located in the UK and Canada, both that redirected me to a fake 404 webpage. May have been a hack by a script kiddie who is a fan of rival college and/or pro-teams for this type of forum.

Last edited by turok; 07-21-2016 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:29 PM   #4

I thought I was being banned..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 07-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinecountry View Post
Was strange how it went down for 2-3 hours and was working Wednesday night for a half hour. I was able to post some on the team notes, and then just as sudden it went down again this time all night and Thursday until this afternoon.
Spoke with the Admin, Bob, Tinsel, and Rebbiv.

Admin replied, "what message are you getting when trying to access the forum? What does it say? I've been on it since last night, works fine for me, but I'm the only one online.. no other members. Very weird. It's not hacked though, probably just something that the host changed".

There was a box last night when trying to get on that requested my screen name and password. Even after the one time I did fill it out, it would not open to the forum. Hope is if it was a 'host change' all is and will be working without any more glitches.
This also is what happened to me. Happy to see all is well.

Last edited by sggatecl; 07-21-2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:13 AM   #6
Administrator

Turns out the host restricted access to the server for everyone except me. There was a couple hours downtime Wednesday from an unrelated issue, and when it came back up, I figured all was good since I could get back on. Turns out I was the only one that could get on.

After trying to figure out what was going on for hours this morning, after talking to three different 'techies', the host finally told me that they had restricted access, and would remove the restriction shortly. Total incompetence.

But, we're back now.