Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Media > Movies

Old 02-09-2017, 12:10 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb View Post
I don't understand what the coral reefs have to do with this, and if we all ate plant based food not animal, we would use up water faster due to irrigation.
I see you skipped the Obesity in America part.

I'm not so sure you are right as it takes alot of water to make meat. All the meats use the most water, and you also need to consider the enivormrntal impact of the waste from the meat industry and compared it to the impact of the agriculture waste as it is not even close who does more harm.

Water Use.
http://waterfootprint.org/en/water-f...imal-products/

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animal...e-environment/
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-09-2017, 01:10 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
Scientology is cult, and is the scam all scams. I just want to save planet earth not planet Zorg made up by a idoit Sfy writer L.Ron Hubbard. Watch Leah Remini's as she is exposing the dark side of Scientology.,and maybe you will be able to tell the difference but I doubt it.
Now was an insult necessary?

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 02-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #33

On paper, being a vegan might make sense. However, I love a good steak or hamburger.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
On paper, being a vegan might make sense. However, I love a good steak or hamburger.
It's a hassle for me to post the link right now; anyone who wants to can look it up them self. In the book "Eat for Your Type," a doctor-I forget his name-writes that different types of diets and exercise regimens are the most helpful depending on what blood type. Some blood types are better off with more amounts of animal products and some blood types are better off with less.

It isn't one size fits all, as the vegan police would have you believe.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #35

Quote:

I'm not so sure you are right as it takes alot of water to make meat. All the meats use the most water, and you also need to consider the enivormrntal impact of the waste from the meat industry and compared it to the impact of the agriculture waste as it is not even close who does more harm.

Water Use.

I skipped the obesity part because it's dumb. People get obese from eating too much of anything and not taking care to exercise. People were meat eaters since the dawn of man, so don't come in with a revelation that it's now the reason were getting fat.

The water part if hard to tell because your sources are pretty biased. But I can say this, I live in farm country. I have never seen any farmer who raised livestock need to drill 4-6 extra wells to water his animals. Yet they do it all the time to put in giant sprinkler arms on wheels to do a few acres of soybeans or corn. When they talk about the water tables lowering in my area they are not talking about the guys raising beef, pigs, or chickens. Also waste products from animals are nearly 100% biodegradable, can you say the same for the pesticides and herbicides used to grow crops?

And while you pointed out I skipped the obesity part (which I now addressed) you still haven't explained what the fuck it has to do with coral reefs.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
Old 02-09-2017, 08:25 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb View Post
I don't understand what the coral reefs have to do with this, and if we all ate plant based food not animal, we would use up water faster due to irrigation.
I thought we wanted to use up the water, so that when the polar ice caps melt and collapse from the global warming and shit, there would be room in the ocean for that, and Miami and Amsterdam wouldn't get submerged and all that.

Also, the coral reefs wouldn't get drowned, or crushed by the weight of the collapsing polar ice caps coming down on top of them.

EDIT: That shit right there...that would really fuck up the coral reefs that were underneath them...and the snorkelers who were diving down there to see those reefs...?

Fuggetaboutit!!!

Hopefully those snorkelers would have at least been KKK, Nazi, and light tipping billionaire demonic non-vegans, anyway...

Maybe the Koch Brothers, but that's probably too much to ask.

This may be a little bit of a thread jack...but does anybody besides me think that George Soros probably tips shittier than the Koch Brothers?

Maybe this subject deserves its own thread.

Last edited by tinselwolverine; 02-09-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:25 PM   #37

Quote:

Water Use.

This makes sense. You have to feed animals a lot of plant material to create meat. Whatever it is you're measuring, calories, protein...whatever, you can't feed 1 unit to an animal and get 2 units out, in plants vs. meats, plants will win every time.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:47 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulo Blue View Post
This makes sense. You have to feed animals a lot of plant material to create meat. Whatever it is you're measuring, calories, protein...whatever, you can't feed 1 unit to an animal and get 2 units out, in plants vs. meats, plants will win every time.
I think there is a chart somewhere on the cost in water by gallons for fast food burgers and stuff. I will have to look for it. It's alot.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:41 AM   #39

You'd think that Planet Vegan would have big spaceships to hover over Earth and force us to eat turnips and sprouts with a side of mashed yeast. (yes I stole that)

As for me, I eat meat, chicken and fish that's grass-fed and free-range. Especially the fish. They taste better with a grass diet.

Last edited by byco42; 02-20-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 01:26 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by byco42 View Post
You'd think that Planet Vegan would have big spaceships to hover over Earth and force us to eat turnips and sprouts with a side of mashed yeast. (yes I stole that)

As for me, I eat meat, chicken and fish that's grass-fed and free-range. Especially the fish. They taste better with a grass diet.
I've heard grass-fed used to be the common, cheaper stuff. People didn't like it as much. I don't know how you describe the flavor, but you know that flavor you get in wild game? To me it tastes like just a little bit of that.

I think if I ate all grass fed, grain fed would taste better to me and vice versa. I just like the variety. I appreciate the local grass fed stuff for providing (I think) more humane lives to their livestock.