Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Tigers

Old 09-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #1

Brad Ausmus not coming back

Brad Ausmus Is said by MLB Now. He will not be with extended after this season. News conference to come shortly.

1520 central time

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by lonesometiger; 09-22-2017 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #2

Brad is addressing the media. Tigers announce they will not extend Brad beyond 2017.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:29 PM   #3

Brad will say "that's baseball" and shrug.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:31 PM   #4

I'll say this, Imo Tigers never put a 25 man roster on the field with Leyland or Ausmus as manager. They always had holes in there team. bull pen was always a problem.
The 2006 team was close to being there best rounded team. IMO. And they threw there series away/ and the weather did not help.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:41 PM   #5

"Leyland on Tigers’ rebuild: ‘Growing pains’ are coming." From KC's thread, is really a miss guild message. It should be Losing pains are coming, like Minnie 12 kittens 1 ! And I will say Tigers have, pitching packed it in Imo. This needs to be addressed asap.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #6

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...er-brad-ausmus

11-34 .244 WPCT in the last 45 games is not about bad talent, it is about a team that gave up. And that is on the manager.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #7

Good riddance. Seemed like a nice guy, but at the end of the day it's a business and if you don't win you don't keep your job. I kind of liked the hire originally but looking back with 20/20 hindsight we needed a seasoned vet manager for a contender in their prime. Not everything was his fault particularly this season but I wanted him gone after the 2014 ALCS debacle. My guess is McClendon is the sacrificial lamb for the rebuild.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonesometiger View Post
I'll say this, Imo Tigers never put a 25 man roster on the field with Leyland or Ausmus as manager. They always had holes in there team. bull pen was always a problem.
The 2006 team was close to being there best rounded team. IMO. And they threw there series away/ and the weather did not help.

2013 was the best team. Leyland was a top third manager. Players loved playing for him. Aumus was one of the worst.
Old 09-22-2017, 05:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbiv View Post
2013 was the best team. Leyland was a top third manager. Players loved playing for him. Aumus was one of the worst.

Yeah.. Not sure I understood the comment about no talent.. DD got us quite a bit.. During Leyland we had some really good teams. And they were fun to watch.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 09-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbiv View Post
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...er-brad-ausmus

11-34 .244 WPCT in the last 45 games is not about bad talent, it is about a team that gave up. And that is on the manager.
interesting point of view. Where exactly is the talent on this team? It's OK if the players just give up because they don't feel motivated?

Presley, Nick, Candy & McCann have all played well this month. So they didn't quit but Miggy & Kinsler did quit because they are playing bad?

Boyd didn't quit....2.16 ERA this month.

other starters this month...Sanchez (5.40), Bell (9.39), Farmer (8.59) & Zimmerman (8.00) are all talented but quit?