Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Tigers

Old 09-26-2017, 07:51 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
if a player isn't honest about the way he feels the manager can't make an informed decision. Not saying this is the case here...but in general

Informed decision? He's been removed from games all year because of his back.. And a manager can sit a guy down for no reason at all. He's the manager.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by Mitchrapp; 09-26-2017 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Informed decision? He's been removed from games all year because of his back.. And a manager can sit a guy down for no reason at all. He's the manager.
I said in general...I am talking about players reporting injuries
Old 09-26-2017, 07:55 PM   #13

It was reported when he had to leave games every week..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 09-27-2017, 10:27 PM   #14

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...lay/106060614/
Cabrera opens up on back pain: 'It was my choice to play'. Miggy speaks at length.
Detnews

http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article...o-get-healthy/
Miggy maps out plan to regain health.
Tigers slugger plans to change offseason workouts to heal back.
Tigers official site
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.

Last edited by kalinecountry; 09-28-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 11-10-2017, 06:25 PM   #15

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...rt_river_index
With trade out of question, Miguel Cabrera at career crossroads in 2018.
Mlive
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:45 PM   #16

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/ml...era/878016001/
Miguel Cabrera instantly sheds weight working with LeBron James' trainer.
Freep
Old 11-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #17

3d - Bradford Doolittle

Players who should be traded for their own good: Miguel Cabrera (ESPN headline)
Now Why would you trade someone with there worst trade value and coming off a season that he had injuries that gave him his worst season.

Also why trade Kinsler at his lowest trade value, unless someone over pays, trade value wise.
And yea screw the tv deal trade Fulmer and take the next 10 seasons to rebuild from nothing.

Tigers need to fix there bull pen until they do that they'll win and lose and lose more than win.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonesometiger View Post
3d - Bradford Doolittle

Players who should be traded for their own good: Miguel Cabrera (ESPN headline)
Now Why would you trade someone with there worst trade value and coming off a season that he had injuries that gave him his worst season.

Also why trade Kinsler at his lowest trade value, unless someone over pays, trade value wise.
And yea screw the tv deal trade Fulmer and take the next 10 seasons to rebuild from nothing.

Tigers need to fix there bull pen until they do that they'll win and lose and lose more than win.
10 players in the article and 3 were Tigers. Miggy, Nick and Ian.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
10 players in the article and 3 were Tigers. Miggy, Nick and Ian.

I only saw Cabrera and Castellanos. And the writer is stating who would benefit from a trade, from the player's viewpoint, not the team's.

Cabrera would be unlikely to be traded, but like Verlander, deserves a shot at being in the World Series again.

No team wants Castellanos, except maybe an AL team so he could DH. That limits the number of suitors. Bad teams are not going to trade for a full-time DH and most good teams do not have a hole there to fill. The article suggests that Comerica is hurting Castellanos, but that is hogwash. Castellanos has hit 19 Triples in CoPa vs 5 Triples on the Road for his career. What does that tell you? He hit .300 BAVG at home in 2017, versus .243 BAVG away. Again, CoPa is not the issue.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebbiv View Post
I only saw Cabrera and Castellanos. And the writer is stating who would benefit from a trade, from the player's viewpoint, not the team's.

Cabrera would be unlikely to be traded, but like Verlander, deserves a shot at being in the World Series again.

No team wants Castellanos, except maybe an AL team so he could DH. That limits the number of suitors. Bad teams are not going to trade for a full-time DH and most good teams do not have a hole there to fill. The article suggests that Comerica is hurting Castellanos, but that is hogwash. Castellanos has hit 19 Triples in CoPa vs 5 Triples on the Road for his career. What does that tell you? He hit .300 BAVG at home in 2017, versus .243 BAVG away. Again, CoPa is not the issue.
I did see it was for the players benefit. I agree, I don't see any team trading for either of those two players.