Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Romine to play all 9 Sunday in what was his final game with Tigers

I heard an elephant is going to throw the first pitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UqyWB_WBJ0

Next the Lions are going to sign this kicker when Prater retires:
ml76pop4.jpg

Ausmess going out with a whimper. Embarrassing. Romine is appeasing Ausmus.

assmus lame duck manager. I find it rather odd Avila tells him he's done but yet he still manages the season out. Avila is such a dumbass. tell everybody you're all going to be traded in the spring then wonder why the season went up in flames. When is Avila getting fired? I mean seriously the guy is a massive dofus.

Last edited:
I have zero interest in seeing a crappy player play 9 positions that he's not good enough to be the starter at. I thought the same thing when Halter did it.

I take that back, he's probably good enough to be our 7th or 8th inning bullpen guy.

I have zero interest in seeing a crappy player play 9 positions that he's not good enough to be the starter at. I thought the same thing when Halter did it.

I take that back, he's probably good enough to be our 7th or 8th inning bullpen guy.

Yeah I don't get it either. Anyone on any team could do this. It's just a really stupid gimmick.

Yeah I don't get it either. Anyone on any team could do this. It's just a really stupid gimmick.

As the game went on I thought "fuck it, the score is 3-2, if you really want it to mean something let the fucker close". :lmao:

They should have, brad didn't have the balls, one of the reasons he's not coming back from what I read

Twins manager Paul Molitor wasn't as enthused about the spectacle but understood why Romine would want to pull it off.

"I'm not a huge fan of it," Molitor said pregame. "I guess if your team's in that position, then go ahead and let it fly. It's not a big deal. ... I'm sure maybe it's been on his bucket list for a while."

Burn...

Twins manager Paul Molitor wasn't as enthused about the spectacle but understood why Romine would want to pull it off.

"I'm not a huge fan of it," Molitor said pregame. "I guess if your team's in that position, then go ahead and let it fly. It's not a big deal. ... I'm sure maybe it's been on his bucket list for a while."

Burn...

I wouldn't expect a player that spent more time at DH than any other position in his career to be a fan.

Last edited:
The best thing @ this point in an otherwise forgettable season, is that it is Ausmus' last as manager. But that doesn't mean that his replacement will be any more than perhaps marginally better, given who will be doing the interviews and selecting.

I am not watching a game, just b/c a utility player is capable of playing all 9 positions, when the Tigers could have done likewise with Don Freaking Kelly and maybe even Neifi Perez.

The best thing @ this point in an otherwise forgettable season, is that it is Ausmus' last as manager. But that doesn't mean that his replacement will be any more than perhaps marginally better, given who will be doing the interviews and selecting.

I am not watching a game, just b/c a utility player is capable of playing all 9 positions, when the Tigers could have done likewise with Don Freaking Kelly and maybe even Neifi Perez.

The Tigers should have done this with Don Freaking Kelly when they had the Don
Freaking chance.

There's was some morbid curiousity in me when I heard about this stunt, so I watched the last three innings. It was kinda cool with Mrs. Lettuce in the crowd and other members of his family, and he seemed genuinely thrilled to have pulled it off. After all, he's only the fifth guy to ever do it. Yes it's a stunt, but his name's in the books with it.

Another thing: This was the most actual managing out of Assmunch in the last four years combined.

There's was some morbid curiousity in me when I heard about this stunt, so I watched the last three innings. It was kinda cool with Mrs. Lettuce in the crowd and other members of his family, and he seemed genuinely thrilled to have pulled it off. After all, he's only the fifth guy to ever do it. Yes it's a stunt, but his name's in the books with it.

Another thing: This was the most actual managing out of Assmunch in the last four years combined.

So the whole thing was yesterday rather than today?

I'm not going to look it up to show up all you baseball nerds, but I think the first freak to do this was Cesar Tovar back in the 70s-am I right?

I still say if the Tigers were going to do this with anybody, it should've been Don Freaking Kelly.

I wouldn't expect a player that spent more time at DH than any other position in his career to be a fan.

Considering he played all outfield and infield positions over the course of his 21 year career I think he's the perfect guy to hear from on the feat.

Also, he was in the league for 14 years before DH became his primary position. The guy could still hit until he was 40.

Back