Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Diggler's Junk
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 01:38 AM   #21
tinselwolverine   tinselwolverine is online now
Moderator
 
tinselwolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 19,754
Son of a bitch.

Long time Los Angeles city council vet Richard Alarcon knew the shooter since they were both eight years old.

They graduated together in 1971 from Polytechnic high school in the sun valley neighborhood of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley.

Alarcon said he never thought The shooter would be the kind of person who would ever do this.
__________________
Go Blue!



Login or Register to Remove Ads
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 07:18 AM   #22
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb View Post
Yes, there are, and someone has already posted proof in this thread.

I personally know more than one person with a permit for a fully automatic firearm.
no there aren't. that's not proof of "many, many loopholes" and it's also misleading. the truth is machines guns in Nevada are subject to federal laws and regulations, under which machine guns have been banned since the 1980s. machine guns legally owned prior to the ban have been grandfathered by he federal government. it is the case that Nevada hasn't placed additional restrictions but they haven't created any loopholes to make them legal. you are simply wrong about this.

Last edited by Spartanmack; 10-04-2017 at 07:19 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 AM   #23
tomdalton22   tomdalton22 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 14,883
so it appears that he didn't have any automatic "machine guns" but a bunch of guns that were fitted with "bump stocks". I never even knew such a thing was out there. What a country we live in.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #24
Thumb   Thumb is offline
Senior Member
 
Thumb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Thumb, duh!
Posts: 18,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanmack View Post
no there aren't. that's not proof of "many, many loopholes" and it's also misleading. the truth is machines guns in Nevada are subject to federal laws and regulations, under which machine guns have been banned since the 1980s. machine guns legally owned prior to the ban have been grandfathered by he federal government. it is the case that Nevada hasn't placed additional restrictions but they haven't created any loopholes to make them legal. you are simply wrong about this.


Again, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I suggest you research it further. It is still possible and 100% legal to own a fully automatic firearm, and it has nothing to do with them being grandfathered.
__________________
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:21 AM   #25
turok   turok is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,921
Pretty good article on how deeply the NRA's tentacles reach into federal and state government. The CEOs of many gun, ammo, and aftermarket parts manufacturers sit on its board.


http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...erica-20130131
__________________


Last edited by turok; 10-04-2017 at 09:22 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 09:22 AM   #26
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb View Post
Again, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. I suggest you research it further. It is still possible and 100% legal to own a fully automatic firearm, and it has nothing to do with them being grandfathered.
I suggest you read this, since clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Right there in the table summarizing Nevada gun laws "Possession and ownership of an SBR, SBS, machine gun (selective-fire weapon), or silencer, all NFA items, are subject to federal purview and regulation."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Nevada

Here's a good summary of the National Firearms act enacted in 1934, modified in 1968 by the Gun Control Act and in 1986 by the Firearms Owners Protection Act.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/10/02/...hine-guns-u-s/

Quote:
Under the NFA, it is illegal for any private civilian to own any fully automatic weapons manufactured after May 19, 1986.
Emphasis added. So it's clear, private ownership of automatic weapons has EVERYTHING to do with them being grandfathered - even in Nevada.

Here's another quote to clarify what you're obviously confused about.
Quote:
Only certain types of FFL/SOTs may make them, and then only for purchase by qualified state and federal agencies.
I don't believe the shooter here was a qualified state or federal agency or agent for that matter.

Here's an idea - next time, do a little research before you suggest other people "research it further." You may not end up looking like such an ignorant jackass. Also, maybe clean up the language a bit. It only makes you sound that much more ignorant.

Last edited by Spartanmack; 10-04-2017 at 10:00 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:29 AM   #27
turok   turok is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7,921
If I decided to go out with a big bang, instead of 100% in anonomity, K Street or NRA HQ would definitely be in my crosshairs. I would never consider mass-killing any fellow plebes. Better still is if I could successfully recruit others to participate. Don't even need to be a crack shot anymore, with all of the latest tech accessories and gizmos available to aid and assist. Just need plenty of cash and/or (stolen) credit.

Why care if its "legal" or not, when there is absolutely no intent to survive?

Owning the base assault rifles are key, and perfectly legal. But even if an ex-felon, commiting more felonies and willingly dying in the process, hardly matters.

Assault rifles and semi-autos/auto-bumps are mass people-killing weapons. Not for so-called "self defense". There are few if any examples of "heroic" killings of mass-murderers in public during a siege by private citizens. That is purely the stuff of Hollywood fantasy.

One of the acts who had performed just prior to that Vegas massacre stated that they had weapons in their trailer, but quickly realized how useless that they were vs a well-concealed killer located high above them. Not to mention the likelyhood that still arriving LEOs would mistake them for participating combatants. In fact one now former 2nd Amendment-supporting member has done a 180 vs gun control.
__________________

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:11 AM   #28
Spartanmack   Spartanmack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 6,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
If I decided to go out with a big bang, instead of 100% in anonomity, K Street or NRA HQ would definitely be in my crosshairs. I would never consider mass-killing any fellow plebes. Better still is if I could successfully recruit others to participate. Don't even need to be a crack shot anymore, with all of the latest tech accessories and gizmos available to aid and assist. Just need plenty of cash and/or (stolen) credit.

Why care if its "legal" or not, when there is absolutely no intent to survive?

Owning the base assault rifles are key, and perfectly legal. But even if an ex-felon, commiting more felonies and willingly dying in the process, hardly matters.

Assault rifles and semi-autos/auto-bumps are mass people-killing weapons. Not for so-called "self defense". There are few if any examples of "heroic" killings of mass-murderers in public during a siege by private citizens. That is purely the stuff of Hollywood fantasy.

One of the acts who had performed just prior to that Vegas massacre stated that they had weapons in their trailer, but quickly realized how useless that they were vs a well-concealed killer located high above them. Not to mention the likelyhood that still arriving LEOs would mistake them for participating combatants. In fact one now former 2nd Amendment-supporting member has done a 180 vs gun control.
that's a bizarre first paragraph - you should share this with the ATF and maybe they can get your name on a list to make sure you can't buy a firearm. As for the "good guy with a gun never stops mass shootings" that's only true if you ignore all the times it's happened. Here are a few examples, mostly from the last 10 years...

http://controversialtimes.com/issues...uys-with-guns/
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:16 AM   #29
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
If I decided to go out with a big bang, instead of 100% in anonomity, K Street or NRA HQ would definitely be in my crosshairs. I would never consider mass-killing any fellow plebes. Better still is if I could successfully recruit others to participate. Don't even need to be a crack shot anymore, with all of the latest tech accessories and gizmos available to aid and assist. Just need plenty of cash and/or (stolen) credit.

Why care if its "legal" or not, when there is absolutely no intent to survive?

Owning the base assault rifles are key, and perfectly legal. But even if an ex-felon, commiting more felonies and willingly dying in the process, hardly matters.

Assault rifles and semi-autos/auto-bumps are mass people-killing weapons. Not for so-called "self defense". There are few if any examples of "heroic" killings of mass-murderers in public during a siege by private citizens. That is purely the stuff of Hollywood fantasy.

One of the acts who had performed just prior to that Vegas massacre stated that they had weapons in their trailer, but quickly realized how useless that they were vs a well-concealed killer located high above them. Not to mention the likelyhood that still arriving LEOs would mistake them for participating combatants. In fact one now former 2nd Amendment-supporting member has done a 180 vs gun control.
the statement from the guitarist of the crappy country music band that was playing is pretty revealing. he basically realized during the shooting that all the self-defense "good guy with a gun" tropes used to push gun sales are complete bullshit. link.

it's sad that people like him, and a lot of our other fellow Americans, aren't able to come to their senses on this issue until they actually live through a mass shooting on their own.

also, I know we're not supposed to hope for this kinda thing, but I gotta say, if someone DID go shoot up the NRA HQ, it would be a just result. after all the horror, death, and families torn apart the NRA's pro-gun sales propaganda has sown, you'd almost have to be sick to feel bad for them if they were all shot. but I have to assume the security at and around the NRA HQ is second to none. I don't think anyone will ever get close.
__________________
"...Killer Mike has never killed anybody. It's just, he's a killer rapper."
- Bernie Sanders
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 AM   #30
michchamp   michchamp is offline
Senior Member
 
michchamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: burning down the South
Posts: 22,706
the conservative Federalist magazine had a story about how everyone should wait at least 72 hours after a mass shooting before it's okay to "talk about gun control."

some smart ass on twitter applied this rule to an actual calendar of mass shootings in America over the passed year (defined as 5 or more people shot in a single incident), and found that according to the 72 hour rule, there are only EIGHT (8) days a year where it's okay to talk about gun control in America. EIGHT. on average, we have mass shootings almost every other day. on one hand, that's surprising, on the other hand, more shootings IS THE ONLY LOGICAL RESULT WHEN EVERY OTHER FUCKING, SELF-ABSORBED, EMOTIONAL IDIOT YOU KNOW OWNS A GUN.
__________________
"...Killer Mike has never killed anybody. It's just, he's a killer rapper."
- Bernie Sanders
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Top      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.