Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Tigers

Old 10-04-2017, 07:54 AM   #11

Here is the problem. We want someone who uses analytics. Our GM has no clue about analytics. No analytics manager will win with the players our dumbass GM puts in place.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-04-2017, 09:31 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehippo73 View Post
Here is the problem. We want someone who uses analytics. Our GM has no clue about analytics. No analytics manager will win with the players our dumbass GM puts in place.
Nor will a non-analytics manager.

It is all about playing sound, fundamental baseball. Baserunning. Hitting behind the runner. Hit and run. Etc, etc. The GM might add players to the roster, but the manager does not have to use them, nor have them start 5 of the 7 days. It is about putting the players in a position to excel. Having James McCann hitting cleanup with a righthander on the mound is absurd. This would not be done with an analytical manager. The results might not change, but the stupidity did.
Old 10-04-2017, 11:09 AM   #13

All a Gm has to do is take on look at Comerica Parks configuration and he will realize how to build a winning team. Pretty sure our Gm has zero clue how to do this sadly.
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
Old 10-04-2017, 11:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
All a Gm has to do is take on look at Comerica Parks configuration and he will realize how to build a winning team. Pretty sure our Gm has zero clue how to do this sadly.
the configuration has little to do with how to put a winning team together.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #15

Why are we talking about who the next sacrificial lamb/manager for the Dysfunctional Tigers when the biggest problem is the clueless Al Avila and his band of Idiots Deluxe in the front office. This franchise is dead until either Chris Ilitch fires the band of nitwits, and hires intelligent 21st century baseball minds or sells the team to an owner who has that type vision.
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:11 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
the configuration has little to do with how to put a winning team together.

I beg to differ. Big park with gaps, get some speed not this slow ass team. Get a stellar defense to roam that big outfield.. Might not be a sure winning team but it sure helps to get guys who can play in your park 81 times.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 10-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
I beg to differ. Big park with gaps, get some speed not this slow ass team. Get a stellar defense to roam that big outfield.. Might not be a sure winning team but it sure helps to get guys who can play in your park 81 times.
Along with players who hit more line drives into the spacious gaps and run like the Flash.
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:51 PM   #18

Quote:
speed and a stellar defense are things you would want regardless of ballpark configuration.

pitching, good defense and guys that can get on base. It isn't rocket science.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
speed and a stellar defense are things you would want regardless of ballpark configuration.

pitching, good defense and guys that can get on base. It isn't rocket science.

Yes it is.. Remember when the Yankees got Granderson? They knew he had a skill set that would make him thrive in their park.. A lefty uppercut swing in a park with a short right field. You can go beyond the typical 'good pitching and defense wins..' mantra.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 10-04-2017, 02:47 PM   #20

Quote:
Yes it is.. Remember when the Yankees got Granderson? They knew he had a skill set that would make him thrive in their park.. A lefty uppercut swing in a park with a short right field. You can go beyond the typical 'good pitching and defense wins..' mantra.
Another player perfect for his home park was George Brett. Line drive hitter with gap power.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...rettge01.shtml
6th all-time in doubles. 5th all time in triples post WWII.