Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Sports > Detroit Tigers

Old 11-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by turok View Post
Tigers ownership and FO are gonna expect a mulligan
from fans and sports pundits for the remainder of this decade, at least.
There really isn't much they can accomplish the rest of the decade. They don't have many trade chips left and the farm is bare. CI was screwed the day he took over.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-29-2017, 01:34 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdalton22 View Post
There really isn't much they can accomplish the rest of the decade. They don't have many trade chips left and the farm is bare. CI was screwed the day he took over.
You can get mid type FA that are cheap and relatively young and get better. Another JD maybe too. Maybe they have to change their style.. Get guys who walk, maybe hit for average and has speed. Become a Punch and Judy team. Get rid of Victor should be priority #1.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 11-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
You can get mid type FA that are cheap and relatively young and get better. Another JD maybe too. Maybe they have to change their style.. Get guys who walk, maybe hit for average and has speed. Become a Punch and Judy team. Get rid of Victor should be priority #1.
all of those things COULD happen but that kind of change doesn't happen overnight.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #14

Quote:
all of those things COULD happen but that kind of change doesn't happen overnight.
It doesn't need to happen over night. If you look at our recent draft history it's usually SP with big arms and nothing else or hitters who have no eye or plate discipline. Is it asking a lot to sign a FA who can take a walk? I'll settle for a .260 guy who has a .360-.380 OBP and can play good defense. Or someone near there. Not sure there are FA out there that fit that bill but the status quo has been status sucked.

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

Old 11-29-2017, 02:04 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
It doesn't need to happen over night. If you look at our recent draft history it's usually SP with big arms and nothing else or hitters who have no eye or plate discipline. Is it asking a lot to sign a FA who can take a walk? I'll settle for a .260 guy who has a .360-.380 OBP and can play good defense. Or someone near there. Not sure there are FA out there that fit that bill but the status quo has been status sucked.
that type of FA will be difficult to find. The Tigers have to pretty much overhaul most of their roster.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #16

Quote:
that type of FA will be difficult to find. The Tigers have to pretty much overhaul most of their roster.
Then overall it. I know it won't be easy but they have to find players with different skill sets than they have now. I'm not expecting to compete but get guys who can play.

Old 11-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #17

I just don't wanna relive the early 00s all over again, hopefully that isn't too much to expect, even though it may well be.

Old 12-01-2017, 07:20 PM   #18

The Tigers will most likely non-tender right-hander Bruce Rondon, per freep's fenech.

It seems that righty Bruce Rondon will wind up his tenure with the Tigers, as the organization is set to non-tender him, per Anthony Fenech of the Detroit Free-Press (via Twitter). Rondon was long viewed as a potential late-inning arm for the Tigers, but had some notable run-ins with the organization, struggled with control, and never consistently produced at the MLB level. Though he projected to earn just $1.2MM, Rondon will be allowed to find a new organization. He will turn 26 later this month.
MLBTR
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.

Last edited by kalinecountry; 12-01-2017 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:21 PM   #19

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...ike-fiers.html
Tigers To Sign Mike Fiers.
MLBTR
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 12-12-2017, 06:49 PM   #20

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ss...rt_river_index
Who will Tigers take in Rule 5 Draft? Here are 9 ideas.
Mlive