Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Media > Books

Old 02-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #11

Anyone have a kindle

Quote:
Originally Posted by [color=#006400
Mitch[/color]]Also, I should note, not sure about all but a know the kindle touch isn't great with PDF's.
I've got a Kindle DX specifically because I read pdfs that have charts. 95% of the time, I wish I had a smaller kindle...or more likely, one of the sony ereaders. If the issue is two column pdfs, some of the sony readers have a great two column pdf mode. It zooms in on a quarter of the page at a time and as you hit the page forward button, it goes top left-> bottom left -> top right -> bottom right.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #12

Anyone have a kindle

Between my wife and myself we have:
A Kindle Reader (Wife's)
An Ad supported Kindle reader (Mine)
A Kindle Fire Tablet (Wife's)
iPad 2 (Mine)

For just reading the Kindle readers are better for battery life, dealing with sunlight/glare, cheaper, and smaller. We spend a lot of time outside so I use my Kindle a lot. The ad supported version is cheaper and is a pretty good deal. The ads do not interrupt reading or anything.

The Kindle Fire and iPad are better for reading in the dark and are just generally more useful.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #13

Anyone have a kindle

I bought the Nook touch last winter, though I bought it so I could read outside on the deck when it got warmer. With today's great day, I read outside a bit and its freakin' awesome. I can see everything clearly unlike my tablet which is basically useless outside. And I got it for $69 :-) .

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!