Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > Off topic > Media > Books

Old 01-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #1

A Song of Ice and Fire

Ok, so I know some of you have read some of these books. This is for anyone who has read the 3rd book and farther. I am near the end and I just got passed the shocking parts and don't even want to read this whole series anymore. Like seriously what the fuck, I want to hurt the author.

Should I keep reading?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-29-2012, 07:39 PM   #2

A Song of Ice and Fire

I can't answer because the girl and her two friends.

I know I hate Martin. You love certain characters and bam. But I have read all four books but I am having serious troubles with book 5... Not that it is bad I guess I am just burned out for now... I read the first four very fast for me with no other books going.. But now 20 different books later and only 100 pages into book 5 it is losing me... I blame it on the hardcover... Maybe a will read a few pages tonight.. Damn thats distracting...
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Forum Manager

A Song of Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by [color=#006400
biggunsbob[/color]]I can't answer because the girl and her two friends.

I know I hate Martin. You love certain characters and bam. But I have read all four books but I am having serious troubles with book 5... Not that it is bad I guess I am just burned out for now... I read the first four very fast for me with no other books going.. But now 20 different books later and only 100 pages into book 5 it is losing me... I blame it on the hardcover... Maybe a will read a few pages tonight.. Damn thats distracting...
the problem with his books sometimes is that the story moves SOOOOOOOO slowly. Not only that but we'll probably have to wait two-three more years for the next one. Honestly i don't see the series ending for another four or five books. Will he even be alive at that time? it's not like he's getting any younger. He just has too many story lines going at once.

Somebody kill somebody! I wanna see a ghost!
Old 01-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #4
Forum Manager

A Song of Ice and Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by [color=#551A8B
Rich what? Richmond![/color]]Ok, so I know some of you have read some of these books. This is for anyone who has read the 3rd book and farther. I am near the end and I just got passed the shocking parts and don't even want to read this whole series anymore. Like seriously what the fuck, I want to hurt the author.

Should I keep reading?
well, don't get down. other characters step in for dead ones and do a damn good job of keeping your attention. Plus, he's a good author, so you can expect certain things to not be as they seem. I wanted to quit reading for what he did to the Stark family, but I'm glad that he's willing to kill any character off.

Somebody kill somebody! I wanna see a ghost!
Old 01-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #5

A Song of Ice and Fire

[quote=[color=#FF6103]Monster [/color]]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "[color=#551A8B
Rich what? Richmond![/color]":wnzjxgoi]Ok, so I know some of you have read some of these books. This is for anyone who has read the 3rd book and farther. I am near the end and I just got passed the shocking parts and don't even want to read this whole series anymore. Like seriously what the fuck, I want to hurt the author.

Should I keep reading?
well, don't get down. other characters step in for dead ones and do a damn good job of keeping your attention. Plus, he's a good author, so you can expect certain things to not be as they seem. I wanted to quit reading for what he did to the Stark family, but I'm glad that he's willing to kill any character off. [/quote:wnzjxgoi]

I know just feels like the bad characters or evil ones' always skate by unscathed.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #6

A Song of Ice and Fire

[quote=[color=#551A8B]Rich what? Richmond![/color]]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "[color=#FF6103
Monster [/color]":akpo89j0]

well, don't get down. other characters step in for dead ones and do a damn good job of keeping your attention. Plus, he's a good author, so you can expect certain things to not be as they seem. I wanted to quit reading for what he did to the Stark family, but I'm glad that he's willing to kill any character off.
I know just feels like the bad characters or evil ones' always skate by unscathed. [/quote:akpo89j0]

Well Little Arya took care of one... But is she getting anywhere close to another family member.. I keep thinking they will reunite again but I have my doubts after the first four books.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:04 PM   #7

Well finished the 4th book and can't find the 5th book anywhere.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #8

I am having serious trouble finishing the 5th book.. I just can't seem to get into it... Still trying though between many other books..
Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #9

I am almost finished with the 4th book, wish there wasn't so many characters to keep up with.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #10

4th and 5th book are actually one book split into two. 4th book consists of a handful of characters, and the 5th book is the other set of characters.

4th book was ok, I don't really care for Cersei (though did kind of root for her near the end of the book), Jamie is ok, Brienne is eh/ok, Sam is dumb, and the rest is eh. I think I will love the 5th book because of who it involves. I bought it off of amazon and it should be here Monday or Tuesday