Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 14: Bears @ Lions *Saturday* Thread

Well like I said that frustration I do understand. Not being able to put together a great year like these other teams seem to do from time to time.

Why is Minnesota better then Detroit when Detroit has a better franchise qb to build around, and oh BTW we were better then the Vikings last year ? Explain please?
So yeah It's embarrassing in 9 seasons with Stafford the Lions can't win a division with all the gifts with injuries the other teams have had. So yeah the Lions probably will finish 10-6 and 5-1 in the division and fuck it up yet again like they always do. It is maddening this franchise can never get over the hump. But hey maybe the Falcons and Seahawks will lose out. It sure would be nice to win a freaking playoff game one day :/

I don't think the Lions were better than MN last year. The Lions were lucky in close games so they had an inflated 9-7 record. Last year the Lions had a -12 point differential with a 9-7 record. MN had a +20 and went 8-8

MN is better than Detroit in every aspect of the game except for the QB position.

I don't think the Lions were better than MN last year. The Lions were lucky in close games so they had an inflated 9-7 record. Last year the Lions had a -12 point differential with a 9-7 record. MN had a +20 and went 8-8

MN is better than Detroit in every aspect of the game except for the QB position.

Based on stats he is awfully close.

You don't make the playoffs with point differential . Lions were slightly betier then the Vikings last year and we swept them. But I will give it was close.. I just can't believe how good that Jags defense is this year. These teams all improved this season. When will the freaking Lions get over the darn hump!!!!!! So tired of close . Lions fans deserve better than this . NFC North is going to be tough to win next year if AR stays healthy . Vikings have such a great defense. So frustrating they can plug in third string QB after losing its top running back and win so many games.

6-10 Panthers.
3-13. Jags,.
7-9 Eagles.
7-9 saints.
4-12 Rams.

Last edited:
If any of the young people here have young kids.. do them a favor and tell them to root for another team. Save them years of frustration, years and years.

If any of the young people here have young kids.. do them a favor and tell them to root for another team. Save them years of frustration, years and years.

turn them on to fantasy football. It's much more entertaining....if you have a little skin in the game, any random game can be entertaining.

turn them on to fantasy football. It's much more entertaining....if you have a little skin in the game, any random game can be entertaining.

Like 49ers-Titans yesterday, exciting fourth quarter. Garoppolo has effectively killed Hyde?s value.

Leaving fantasy football was the best life decision I've ever made. I've never met anyone that actually enjoyed it. It's nothing but stress, agony, getting mad about players that should be doing well but don't, people being waiver whores, etc.

yup...I benched Hyde and played Goodwin in his place. That move pretty much gave me the win

Good play, wish I had a better RB option than Hyde. I picked it up Goodwin but he?s on the bench (as I watch my top receivers do nothing).

That Garoppolo-Goodwin connection is a good one. 49ers should be better next year, maybe not playoff-bound yet but a factor in the West.

Leaving fantasy football was the best life decision I've ever made. I've never met anyone that actually enjoyed it. It's nothing but stress, agony, getting mad about players that should be doing well but don't, people being waiver whores, etc.

Yeah I'm glad I stopped all fantasy sports years ago.

You're doing a wrong then. I haven't played in a couple years and little off topic but it's like my uncle who use to make bets vs the spread. Every game he'd have his little pad and bet teams, even ones he liked, to let the other team score or want his team to miss a FG. Can't enjoy football like that..

You're doing a wrong then. I haven't played in a couple years and little off topic but it's like my uncle who use to make bets vs the spread. Every game he'd have his little pad and bet teams, even ones he liked, to let the other team score or want his team to miss a FG. Can't enjoy football like that..

To some that make it that much more enjoyable... I love fantasy and have been pretty good money playing it over the past 10 years

To some that make it that much more enjoyable... I love fantasy and have been pretty good money playing it over the past 10 years

So if you're in the finals, down by 20, and you have Matt Ryan and one of their receivers who do root for?

So if you're in the finals, down by 20, and you have Matt Ryan and one of their receivers who do root for?

You always want your FF team to win. No matter what. Just because you want the Falcons to lose, doesn't mean Ryan and a Falcons WR have to have a bad day. You're just hoping for the Bucs to do well too....

Life decision? Whoa dude...lol. Fantasy sports is a blast. I play football, baseball, hockey and basketball. Sure, you get mad but you get over it. Win some money and it's even more fun....

Last edited:
Eh, it was fun for a few years. Then I got tired of hearing about everyone talking about their lineups, dealing with frustrating waiver people, etc. Just felt a lot better once I started watching sports again without that attachment.

Back