Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Draft Position

So many pro bowlers selected between picks 15 and 20 in the last five years. Potential is there, all eyes on Quinn.

Trade Stafford and get two number 1's, and a bunch of other picks. Throw in Prater, and Tate too... Fuck this team I'm so disappointed yet again. Matt has been the best qb I have seen in a lions uniform but today he couldn't beat the shitty Bengals .10 Fucking years in and and we are still waiting !!!!! Not all on him but when will he take the next step, and win playoff games ? Seriously if the Vikings can win this many games with a 3rd string qb wtf are we paying this guy so much for ? I'd sure like a running game, and a half way decent defense !!!

Last edited:
Trade Stafford and get two number 1's, and a bunch of other picks. Throw in Prater, and Tate too... Fuck this team I'm so disappointed yet again. Matt has been the best qb I have seen in a lions uniform but today he couldn't beat the shitty Bengals .10 Fucking years in and and we are still waiting !!!!! Not all on him but when will he take the next step, and win playoff games ?
Wait, so you admit it's not all on him, but then all when will he take the next step? What else do you want him to do? Should he start snapping to himself and blocking DEs while running down the field to catch his own pass?

Wait, so you admit it's not all on him, but then all when will he take the next step? What else do you want him to do? Should he start snapping to himself and blocking DEs while running down the field to catch his own pass?

I wonder if his high salary prevents the team from getting a better defense? Probably not but you don't nee a Stafford type to win. As proven over and over with some of these QB that are doing well.

Do a Dallas-Minny Herschel Walker type trade. Browns have lots of high picks this season.. And going to the Browns wouldn't bite us in the ass..

Not happening but I wonder.

The fact we win or lose every game based on his performance pretty much means it's all on him.

The fact we win or lose every game based on his performance pretty much means it's all on him.

This team is shit but I haven't seen, in a long time, where Matt just wills us to a win. Where he takes it upon himself and gets a win when we have no right to get one.

I always have been on Matts side . Where have you been ?
But has he won a playoff game yet? Or has he beaten teams with winning records . Read the damn post again . Id trade Stafford right now to trade spots with the Vikings and that defense and be in the playoffs .
This was the shitty Bengals and our 125 million dollar man didn't check out of a jbc running play on 2nd and 18 late in the game . Wtf. A running play there . He has to better. The Bengals. Wtf. SoL!!!

Last edited:
Yesterday was a game where Stafford could have put this team on his shoulders. That's what the best do. He wasn't good. He missed a LOT of easy ones.

But yeah, he's probably at the bottom of the problems. This team sucks.

Draft line for the first three spots. Both offense and defense. Maybe a running back, and linebacker. Back to dreaming of lions doing something right while Saints, Jags, Rams, Vikings, And Eagles go from shitty to better then the Lions .

Last edited:
Draft line for the first three spots. Both offense and defense. Maybe a running back, and linebacker. Back to dreaming of lions doing something right while Saints, Jags, Rams, Vikings, And Eagles go from shitty to better then the Lions .

We need all DL picks. Get the defense to finally be able to compete..

We need all DL picks. Get the defense to finally be able to compete..

Ngata leaves or retires
Ziggy shouldn't be re-signed (unless they can get him cheap)

Go straight D-line...when you think you have enough, get some more

If injuries are such a big problem, then they'll have the depth to cover it. If everyone stays healthy, they'll have the bodies to rotate in and out as needed to keep players fresh.

They have to, HAVE to draft a running back in the top 3 rounds. It's time to get a play maker at that position.

They have to, HAVE to draft a running back in the top 3 rounds. It's time to get a play maker at that position.

I thought we had play makers back there.. Maybe let Green give it a go. I wonder if Elliott would run well here? But when you have someone like Dalton carving us up you have to go defense.

We have no dline. There's 3 guys from Clemson projected to go 12-20....2 des and a dt. Get 1.

Look at some of the top teams. Gurley, L. Bell, Fournette, Ingram/Kamara. You HAVE to have an impactful guy in the backfield. The team can't keep trotting out Abdullah and Tion Green. They need to invest a high pick and get this position straight.

Look at some of the top teams. Gurley, L. Bell, Fournette, Ingram/Kamara. You HAVE to have an impactful guy in the backfield. The team can't keep trotting out Abdullah and Tion Green. They need to invest a high pick and get this position straight.

Compare those OL to ours.. But the defense is worst than our offense. I would use the first 3 picks on defense and then I'd grab some defense.

Back