Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Draft Position

Pick 20 can get a good player in several rounds. Lots of cap room too

Trade Stafford to the Browns for both number 1's and next year's number 1. See if they Bite!!!!

Just kidding Matt is going to deliver a SB next year or the year after !!!! I feel it !!!

Some really good players right there though. Pro Bowls? Cmon man lol. So what?

I was merely making the point that there has been a much better crop of talent selected immediately AFTER #20...hence the talent is there if you pick correctly.

And i'm not saying it's the ultimate benchmark, the voting system is obviously flawed, but you don't make the Pro Bowl as a shitty player.

Trade Stafford to the Browns for both number 1's and next year's number 1. See if they Bite!!!!

Just kidding Matt is going to deliver a SB next year or the year after !!!! I feel it !!!

Impossible. 49.5 dead. Don't have the cap space

Plus Stafford is elite. One pick would need to be qb

Stafford a lion for life

#20 overall picks since 2009

2009 - Brandon Petigrew TE
2010 - Kareem Jackson CB
2011 - Adrian Clayborn DE
2012 - Kendall Wright WR
2013 - Kyle Long G
2014 - Brandin Cooks WR
2015 - Nelson Agholor WR
2016 - Darron Lee OLB
2017 - Garrett Boles OT

Kyle Long is the lone player of the group to make the Pro Bowl. It should be noted that there have been a ton of Pro Bowlers/All Pros taken between 21-27, pick #20 seems to be a bit of a black hole lately.

Some solid players and players I wouldn't mind having on my team...

I'm looking at a couple later round RBs.

Josh Adams from Notre Dame could be available in the 4th or 5th. I'm afraid he was just a product of a great o-line.

Kamryn Pettway from Auburn might be around in the 7th or UDFA. He had a great sophomore and an injury plagued junior season. It doesn't makes sense that he didn't go back and improve his draft stock.

Both are big backs who might be able to convert a 3rd and 1

I'm looking at a couple later round RBs.

Josh Adams from Notre Dame could be available in the 4th or 5th. I'm afraid he was just a product of a great o-line.

Kamryn Pettway from Auburn might be around in the 7th or UDFA. He had a great sophomore and an injury plagued junior season. It doesn't makes sense that he didn't go back and improve his draft stock.

Both are big backs who might be able to convert a 3rd and 1

Absolutely not!!! They need to grab an early rd RB. None of this sleeper shit like they have done in the past. "This kid is good but he's been hurt" or "great numbers but he's slow and his OLine was beastly". NO! Grab a game changing RB in the 1st or 2nd rd.

I'm not trying to bash on your post but I don't want to sit here and wait for a guy like Riddick, Washington or a Zenner to be "that guy". Get the stud off the hop...

Absolutely not!!! They need to grab an early rd RB. None of this sleeper shit like they have done in the past. "This kid is good but he's been hurt" or "great numbers but he's slow and his OLine was beastly". NO! Grab a game changing RB in the 1st or 2nd rd.

I'm not trying to bash on your post but I don't want to sit here and wait for a guy like Riddick, Washington or a Zenner to be "that guy". Get the stud off the hop...

Yeah, I'm with you. They need to take a high draft pick on an RB. Cannot continue to trot out what they have.

Yeah, I'm with you. They need to take a high draft pick on an RB. Cannot continue to trot out what they have.

Yep! I listen to 97.1 the Ticket and there's fans clamoring for Green to be the bellcow next yr. No! Green looks like a serviceable RB but he looks like a solid backup to me. He's Joique Bell 2.0. Which is fine but he's not a bellcow. Get a player like Chubb or Michel. Pair him with Green and Riddick. That's a solid run game...

Like it or not, Riddick is a huge part of this offense and will see allot of snaps. I'm ok with grabbing a rb in rd 2 but he better be your guy. If not... wait until rds 3-5.

Like it or not, Riddick is a huge part of this offense and will see allot of snaps. I'm ok with grabbing a rb in rd 2 but he better be your guy. If not... wait until rds 3-5.

At the end of the day, you need a guy that you can get behind to ground out a game, and make those big plays when you need him. Riddick is not an RB, he's a slot/utility guy. You can't win championships with Abdullah/Zenner/Washington.

I don't want anything but front 7 in the first 3 rounds. RB is an issue but no where near the disaster as the front 7. Both OLB need upgrades. Whitehead should only start in an injury situation. We need someone to start next to A'shawn and opposite Ansah.

I understand we need an stud RB but if we can stop anyone, we will always be playing from behind. Your stud RB won't see the ball much.

I don't want anything but front 7 in the first 3 rounds. RB is an issue but no where near the disaster as the front 7. Both OLB need upgrades. Whitehead should only start in an injury situation. We need someone to start next to A'shawn and opposite Ansah.

I understand we need an stud RB but if we can stop anyone, we will always be playing from behind. Your stud RB won't see the ball much.

Gotta disagree with you on that. RB needs to be addressed in the first 3 rounds. Without question. They draft a RB after the 3rd rd then i'm going postal. Too many holes to fill but we also have like 50MIL in FA money to spend. Get your stud RB early and it does wonders for your D. It gives your D a ton of rest having a run game. People do not realize how vital a running game is in the NFL. You can have all pro WRs surrounding you and your offense can still lag. Get a RB with some real nice WRs around you and watch that Lions team flourish.

Back