Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions - Team Notes

Sorry JScott, you can blame me for this one. This board is again ruined.

How is it ruined. I gave an opinion. You disagree.

If this team is 9-7, that is Mayhew's team. White adding Crezdon Butler because Mathis got hurt wasn't the only reason we beat GB.

Wood is a terrible hire though. Investment guy for a president and cap guy. New GM better be a cap guy too

Stop the bitching. This thread is for news not an argument thread. Thank you.

“CBS Radio and the Detroit Lions are parting ways. 97.1 The Ticket has served as the flagship station for the Lions for more than a decade," the statement read. "CBS Radio says it has been negotiating with the Lions a long time. It is sad to say goodbye, but in the end it came down to the integrity of CBS — the refusal to be censored in talking about the team and making honest assessments on the air about this team.”

So in other words, they are moving because 97.1 hurt their feelings???

How fucking pathetic, your organization sucks for decades and you're surprised/disappointed at the negative comments every season on a sports station? The Lions may actually be softer than the media in this town, and that's saying something.

The Lions wouldn't have survived in a real market, they should consider themselves lucky.

It is really pathetic. That line represents what the Lions are all about.

Maybe they were saying things that weren't true just to bash and get listeners. I'd pull the plug on that nonsense too.

New Lions prez Rod Wood has Matthew Stafford on his fantasy team

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lio...wood-has-matthew-stafford-on-his-fantasy-team

Say what you will about his draft choices in a fantasy football league, but his answers as posted here are EXACTLY what I want to hear from the new team president.

A team president is no different than the CEO of a company, and I've answered directly to a few of those guys. I know a good one from a bad one within a week of their hire.

This guy is a damned good CEO. He is saying exactly the right things. And CEO's rarely say one thing and do another. They usually, for better or worse, lay out their agenda pretty firmly up front.

Excellent hire here. I am happy.

New Lions prez Rod Wood has Matthew Stafford on his fantasy team

http://espn.go.com/blog/detroit-lio...wood-has-matthew-stafford-on-his-fantasy-team

Say what you will about his draft choices in a fantasy football league, but his answers as posted here are EXACTLY what I want to hear from the new team president.

A team president is no different than the CEO of a company, and I've answered directly to a few of those guys. I know a good one from a bad one within a week of their hire.

This guy is a damned good CEO. He is saying exactly the right things. And CEO's rarely say one thing and do another. They usually, for better or worse, lay out their agenda pretty firmly up front.

Excellent hire here. I am happy.

I don't think "I'm not qualified to run and NFL team, but I'm qualified to run the Lions", although probably true was not necessarily the most well thought through soundbite.

I don't think "I'm not qualified to run and NFL team, but I'm qualified to run the Lions", although probably true was not necessarily the most well thought through soundbite.

Maybe not, but the message is a good one.

The Lions are a business. The Lions are also a team.

Wood is not qualified to run a team, but he's qualified to run the business, of which the team is a portion.

The Lions have over 2,500 employees. They have 53 employees on the team. Running the business is much larger than running the team itself.

Back