Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Has Officially Retired

I feel so bad for the guy. So good in college so he gets drafted by a garbage organization and suffers.

And the Stafford slappies will have their mettle tested next year about whether or not he's truly a good QB if Calvin isn't around.

If he retires, do we get out from under his cap hit completely?

In most cases, if a player retires, the remaining signing bonus that has not been included in salary ?accelerates? and is included in that year?s team salary. Thus, the team will take an immediate salary cap hit of the remaining signing bonus.

Get out while you still have your health and you made a ton of dough. Good for him!

Injuries and all still looks like a top WR. Certainly wouldn't begrudge him if he retired but I sure hope he doesn't.

If you put the pieces together, I think he's done. The "I love Detroit" comment, taking the ball off the field, etc...

Money wise, no I don't feel bad for him. But some of these guys truly want to win, and I think Calvin was one of those.

The Lions handed him a shit ton of money to stick around, no home town discount. If he really wanted to win, he wouldn't have re-signed with this dumpster fire of an organization. He could've taken less and gone to any winning organization.

Back