Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Calvin Has Officially Retired

I don't think he's doing that at all. Personally I think he'll play one more year and retire. His name has been on the injury list every game since about his second season. That's why he would end it.

I really hope so.

One more year, CJ....one more!!!!

You imagine if Stafford had been throwing to Doug Baldwin all these years? He'd be out of the league by now.

1197.gif

Why Dubs? Why?

WQ20OmDnTKu3eX9JwGtC_Ultimate-Warrior-Ropes-Quick.gif

LOL!

I just can't see a stand up guy like Calvin playing these games to be released or traded. It's just not the impression I get from him.

But I think the injuries are wearing on him. At least one report I saw today said he has told people he doesn't feel like he's in the game physically or mentally anymore.

When was the last time he wasn't on the injury list with an ankle problem?

I just can't see a stand up guy like Calvin playing these games to be released or traded. It's just not the impression I get from him.

But I think the injuries are wearing on him. At least one report I saw today said he has told people he doesn't feel like he's in the game physically or mentally anymore.

When was the last time he wasn't on the injury list with an ankle problem?

That's why I said what I said. It's not his MO to make statements or play games in the media to be traded or released, etc. He certainly doesn't seek the spotlight and that's just not his personality. If he's talking about it it's because he's very serious about actually retiring. The injuries are wearing on him.

I'm hoping he comes back for 1 more year. They have a "favorable" schedule and could make the playoffs. And the fans could give him a proper send off.

Anytime someone posts a picture/video/gif of the Ultimate Warrior referencing you, I will laugh. The similarities are uncanny. Embrace it. :nod:

P.S. The Nate Burleson comment was gold.

Last edited:
I do. I don't know who is going to step up on this offense. Ebron? He hasn't shown anything of note yet.

Tate? He's a real good #2 option that is awesome when the attention is elsewhere. Do you think he can handle the workload himself? I don't know.

I agree that Tate is a #2, but he's been at his best when Calvin is out of the game. His numbers went way down when Calvin came back from injury last year. If Calvin retires, getting another #2 WR would be ideal. It would keep Matt's focus from sticking to one player and that's when he's at his best.

Anytime someone posts a picture/video/gif of the Ultimate Warrior referencing you, I will laugh. The similarities are uncanny. Embrace it. :nod:

P.S. The Nate Burleson comment was gold.

I do embrace the Warrior. I love the Ultimate Warrior. I went to wrestling school in Toronto because of him lol. I just didn't feel like getting into a debate on another thread about Baldwin and Jesus Chr...oops, I meant Russell Wilson :)

Credit Nate Burleson on that a bit. he shot down anybody thinking that Calvin is trying to play the Lions.

I agree that Tate is a #2, but he's been at his best when Calvin is out of the game. His numbers went way down when Calvin came back from injury last year. If Calvin retires, getting another #2 WR would be ideal. It would keep Matt's focus from sticking to one player and that's when he's at his best.

And this years draft is WR heavy

Retire, who cares. This team ain't winning with him or without him. Bye bye to the best WR this organization will ever see.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Retire, who cares. This team ain't winning with him or without him. Bye bye to the best WR this organization will ever see.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Man Jdeb they really crushed the life out of you this year. Your preseason expectations were sky high!

I still think if Caldwell stays he'll give it one more year.

I do embrace the Warrior. I love the Ultimate Warrior. I went to wrestling school in Toronto because of him lol. I just didn't feel like getting into a debate on another thread about Baldwin and Jesus Chr...oops, I meant Russell Wilson :)

I cried like a little girl when he beat Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 6. I stopped taking my vitamins and everything.

I cried like a little girl when he beat Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 6. I stopped taking my vitamins and everything.

I still watch lol. Vince came out in a short sleeve ref uniform this Monday. ...hes 70 years old and bigger than the ultimate warrior ever was. ..looked so weird lol.

I still watch lol. Vince came out in a short sleeve ref uniform this Monday. ...hes 70 years old and bigger than the ultimate warrior ever was. ..looked so weird lol.

Once I got into boxing and BJJ in my teens (90s) it was over for me. Actual combat sports just took all the fun out of it. I'm not one to shit on the product though, maybe one day I'll give it a shot again.

I loved it

My step dad rubbed my face in it like I had shit the bed or something. 6 years old and I was contemplating murder.

Last edited:
Once I got into boxing and BJJ in my teens (90s) it was over for me. Actual combat sports just took all the fun out of it. I'm not one to shit on the product though, maybe one day I'll give it a shot again.

My step dad rubbed my face in it like I had shit the bed or something. 6 years old and I was contemplating murder.

Interesting childhood.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back