Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

What's causing running game woes

What's causing running game woes

• Oc playcalling

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Oline

• Rbs suck

• Total voters
The year Carolina went to the super bowl stewart had 989 yards and all there RB's had over a 4 ypc with cam having 650 yards and 4.8 YPC.... that's pretty decent run game if u ask me.... Way better than anything we've had.

Lmao. Hughes destroyed...

Rodgers and cam don't seem to have issues geting to the super bowl without run support.

Again, for the 1000th time, Stafford isn't Aaron Rodgers and kmd47 destroyed you with the Carolina stats on the ground. Solid job though, bruh...lol

He made a great point but destroyed? It's called a conversation not a "I told you so" post.

What great point did he make again? Carolina ran the ball extremely well when they went to the Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers is probably the 2nd greatest QB alive lol. So, NO!!! Hughes didn't make a great point lol. Wtf. He looked like a fkn idiot....

Last edited:
Rodgers and cam don't seem to have issues geting to the super bowl without run support.

Carolina was 2nd in the NFL in yards, 9th in yards per carry, #1 in first downs and #1 in rushing TD's.

They ran it often and effectively that year. They also had the NFL's top rated defense....that might have had something to do with it!

Injuries is causing running game woes

Swanson, Decker, Lang, Wagner (playing hurt). Last year Abdullah/Riddick injuries plus Reiff and Swanson at end of year

What great point did he make again? Carolina ran the ball extremely well when they went to the Super Bowl and Aaron Rodgers is probably the 2nd greatest QB alive lol. So, NO!!! Hughes didn't make a great point lol. Wtf. He looked like a fkn idiot....

I was referring to KMD's point. I thought it was pretty obvious.

The run game has sucked for years, can’t all be due to injuries. If it is, then perhaps the Lions need to re-evaluate their medical & strength and conditioning programs. The bad luck excuse card only works for so long, it gets old after a while, especially when other teams successfully persevere through injuries. Depth can’t be ignored either, need quality backups who can step in with little drop in production, obviously some players are irreplaceable but they should be able to overcome losing average O-linemen.

Luck has won his division and some playoff games. So i guess Stafford is no luck either? Then you got Brady, ben, Brees, rivers, Wilson. So Stafford is basically kirk cousins...a stat whore that cant get anything accomplished.

Luck has won his division and some playoff games. So i guess Stafford is no luck either? Then you got Brady, ben, Brees, rivers, Wilson. So Stafford is basically kirk cousins...a stat whore that cant get anything accomplished.

I love Rivers, and though he has playoff wins, the Chargers have had a lot of mediocre seasons with Rivers.

I have a man crush on Rivers. Other than Gates, he's had basically a hodge podge of WRs over the years, and he makes those guys pretty damn good. He's such a competitive dude, and I would have gladly welcomed him instead of Matty S.

The lack of appreciation for Stafford is absolutely astounding. He's a fucking good QB. You are shit fans

Last edited:
Been watching the Chargers the past few weeks, don’t even know how they’re 6-6, must’ve played like shit to start the season. Good talent on offense and a solid pass D, same record as the Lions but on a completely opposite trajectory.

Stafford has a higher QB rating than Rivers and the Lions have had way more offensive injuries than the Chargers

Chargers D has a lot of 1st rounders on the line. Ingram, Bosa and Liuget. Mebane is a FA but was 1st rounder for Seattle way back

Hayward a good FA pickup for them. Verett is hurt. Trevor Williams out of nowhere playing well. But it all starts with Dline. Bosa already double digit sacks. I think he PED candidate. Ingram a beast and will have double digit sacks

It would be nice if all teams were 6-6 or worse in the Lions division too.

Chargers playing AFC West which isn't very strong, AFC East not strong other than Pats (they lost to Pats). They lost to Jags. They play NFC East which is weak this year too. Played Dallas without Elliot and they lost to Eagles. We beat the Giants by more than they did. Cleveland was their AFC North opponent. Lions beat Browns by more too. They beat Buffalo and lost to Miami

Last edited:
Hmmm. Someone rushes for 900 yards on their team and that's proof that I get destroyed? How did Stafford do when Reggie Bush ran for 900 yards? Tony destroyed.

Had no short fields and had his weapons all hurt leaving Kris Durham as the 2nd most targeted player. Most picks were not his fault.

Stafford was still 6 in passing TDs that year

And just for the record
2282 rushing yards for Carolina in 2015
1792 for Detroit.

Big difference. Some was Cam but still. Tons of short fields too. The Panthers forced like 39 turnovers in 2015 for Cam.

If the Lions force 39 turnovers in a season, the Lions have home field and go to the Super Bowl

Hmmm. Someone rushes for 900 yards on their team and that's proof that I get destroyed? How did Stafford do when Reggie Bush ran for 900 yards? Tony destroyed.

You got your ass handed to you lol.

But keep making shit up as we go along. It's awesome lol

Last edited:
Had no short fields and had his weapons all hurt leaving Kris Durham as the 2nd most targeted player. Most picks were not his fault.

Stafford was still 6 in passing TDs that year

And just for the record
2282 rushing yards for Carolina in 2015
1792 for Detroit.

Big difference. Some was Cam but still. Tons of short fields too. The Panthers forced like 39 turnovers in 2015 for Cam.

If the Lions force 39 turnovers in a season, the Lions have home field and go to the Super Bowl

Hughes manhandled again lol

Also worth nothing our passing game depends more on yards after catch than any other offense.

Stafford was the one of two QBs in the league last year that "threw" for more than 4k yards that had more than 1/2 their yards come from yards after the catch. Eli was the other.

So while our traditional running game sucks, Stafford gets most of his yards from the weapons doing the work after the catch. So he definitely gets benefit from running, just in a different way.

Back