Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

I also wonder if they will try very hard to retain Ansah, given that he really only fits as a 4/3 DE. I can't see him dropping into coverage effectively.

I didn't see him do much effectively this year. That 12 sack number boggles my mind. He played most of the year like a 5th DE.

And I agree. OC and Ansah will be his first 2 big decisions on current personnel. I like Ansah.....I hope he stays.....but at a fair price. If he asks for top money I'd let him walk. He absolutely does not fit a 3-4 very well unless he's used strictly as a pass rusher.

I don't think the DC will matter. It's the coaches job to install the scheme, and the coordinator's job to run it effectively.

Whoever our next coach is (I'll believe it's Patricia when I see it... last week he was a lock to the Giants, and the week before that he was as good as a Lion) will determine the playbook and his coordinators will call plays from it and align packages within it.

you never know. BB might actually be on his way out and Patricia could be the next NE coach.

I agree. There would have been internal discussions about that. No way they'd let McDaniels and Patricia walk if Belicheck was leaving.

Unless Brady becomes the coach!

I could see Bill being pissed of he wasnt able to keep garappollo, loses both coordinators.... combination of those things had him looking elsewhere for 1) part ownership 2) full personnel control. He wouldn't make public those feelings so there wouldn't be internal discussions about someone replacing him.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how the Pats off-season goes. Not only are they likely going to lose both coordinators to head coaching positions, but I think it's fair to assume that most of McDaniels's and Patricia's connections are still within the Pats organization and will likely be candidates to fill the new staffs. Belichick's staff could be gutted to an extent with a lot of rebuilding to do over the next few months.

How often do the OC and DC leave to become head coaches elsewhere in the same off-season? Seems like a pretty rare event. Though if there's anyone in this league that's capable of rebuild a staff and winning the following season, it's probably Belichick.

I didn't see him do much effectively this year. That 12 sack number boggles my mind. He played most of the year like a 5th DE.

9 in 3 games, just let that sink in. 3 sacks in the other 13 games. That's terrible

Mel Kiper?s first mock had Ohio State DE Sam Hubbard to the Lions

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018...er-jr-ohio-state-de-sam-hubbard-detroit-lions

Mocked him to us in my v2.0 mock on page 1. Good fit if we stay 4-3. Probably will be best de avail. If we end up 3-4 there are some other options with good value for rush lb that will be there at 20. Scheme is 1 part. Ansah is the other. Regardless i think you still need to address the pass rush this off season.

Mocked him to us in my v2.0 mock on page 1. Good fit if we stay 4-3. Probably will be best de avail. If we end up 3-4 there are some other options with good value for rush lb that will be there at 20. Scheme is 1 part. Ansah is the other. Regardless i think you still need to address the pass rush this off season.

Remember Patricia seems to like players who can play multiple positions. Maybe a traditional 4-3 DE who can also play in a 3-4.

Remember Patricia seems to like players who can play multiple positions. Maybe a traditional 4-3 DE who can also play in a 3-4.

Ya i think that's why allot of people are bringing up harold Landry.... more of a rush lb that's scheme versatile. Not sure how i feel about him... looks small on tape.

Back