Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jim Caldwell?s extension gives guarantee through 2018 now signs w/ dolphins

Packers got lucky it was the easiest part of their schedule. They went 3-5 without Rodgers. Lions had worse injuries and harder games so far. If Rodgers hurt the first 6-7 games, they don't win a game.

Packers schedule with Hundley:

Vikings L (Lions split, Packers still play them at home)
Saints L (Lions lost)
Lions L (Will play 2nd game w/Rodgers)
Bears W (Lions won)
Ravens L (Lions lost)
Steelers L (Lions lost)
Buccaneers W (Lions won)
Browns W (Lions won)

Records are extremely similiar against the same competition. So if it was the 'easier' part of the schedule, why didn't the Lions have a much better record? Your 'Lions have worse injuries' is bullshit. If the Lions lose Stafford they go 0-8..possibly 1-7 because the Browns are the Browns.

It's unacceptable that Detroit came out of that stretch only one game better. Even if you buy into the narrative that Rodgers going down doesn't gift them the division, you can't keep a straight face and say that only being up one game after that stretch is acceptable.

If Rodgers hurt the first 6-7 games, they don't win a game.

Exactly, you're making my argument for me. That's how much that injury matters.

Last edited:
Check and mate.

You can't get check mate against someone with mental issues. This is the inevitable result and why I won't respond more than once or twice to him:

IgjN3xE.gif

Saints L (Lions lost)
Bears W (Lions won)
Ravens L (Lions lost)
Steelers L (Lions lost)
Buccaneers W (Lions won)
Browns W (Lions won)

Records are extremely similiar against the same competition. So if it was the 'easier' part of the schedule, why didn't the Lions have a much better record? Your 'Lions have worse injuries' is bullshit. If the Lions lose Stafford they go 0-8..possibly 1-7 because the Browns are the Browns.

It's unacceptable that Detroit came out of that stretch only one game better. Even if you buy into the narrative that Rodgers going down doesn't gift them the division, you can't keep a straight face and say that only being up one game after that stretch is acceptable.

So hundley is Stafford. And Stafford is hundley.

Saints L (Lions lost)
Bears W (Lions won)
Ravens L (Lions lost)
Steelers L (Lions lost)
Buccaneers W (Lions won)
Browns W (Lions won)

You under estimate the lions injuries. It's not either or. Both were hurt. Injuries big reason we lost to saints and Vikings and ravens. Refs for falcons game

11-2 could be our record if proper health

And also packers have had easier first 13 than lions. Their final 3 is brutal. Lions easier final 3

Last edited:
You under estimate the lions injuries. It's not either or. Both were hurt. Injuries big reason we lost to saints and Vikings and ravens. Refs for falcons game

11-2 could be our record if proper health

And also packers have had easier first 13 than lions. Their final 3 is brutal. Lions easier final 3

I'm having trouble finding any data that supports your claim that the Packers had a substantially easier schedule so far. The data does tend to agree that the Lions final three is much easier, should be no reason they don't finish ahead of the Pack.

https://www.predictionmachine.com/strength-of-schedule

Lions 4th - Packers 5th

http://nfltraderumors.co/2017-nfl-strength-schedule/

Packer T-4th - Lions T-6th

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-win-predictions-for-all-32-teams-over-the-rest-of-the-season?utm_content=buffer03350&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=nfl

(Through 8 games) Packers 2nd - Lions 5th

Last edited:
Coming into the season it was a cake schedule, at least that's what people thought. Then some teams got better, unfortunately the Lions didn't.

Coming into the season it was a cake schedule, at least that's what people thought. Then some teams got better, unfortunately the Lions didn't.

Cakewalk schedule? According to who? Lol...

And again, you don't watch this team. How do you know? :hmm:

Cakewalk schedule? According to who? Lol...

And again, you don't watch this team. How do you know? :hmm:

And I still know more than you.

The who from the ones who posted in the schedule thread.

And I still know more than you.

The who from the ones who posted in the schedule thread.

Dude, my 5 yr old knows more about football than you lol.

The first 5 weeks of the season was supposed to be killer. Remember? Of course you don't...

Then Week 6 through 9 was no joke either. Remember?? Wtfam I saying??? Why would you? Lol

Week 10 through 17 looked a little easier on paper but it's never a cakewalk. You're full of shit. Nice try...

Dude, my 5 yr old knows more about football than you lol.

The first 5 weeks of the season was supposed to be killer. Remember? Of course you don't...

Then Week 6 through 9 was no joke either. Remember?? Wtfam I saying??? Why would you? Lol

Week 10 through 17 looked a little easier on paper but it's never a cakewalk. You're full of shit. Nice try...

NO, Carolina sub .500 teams from last year. Add in Arizona, and Minny (8-8). Based on paper it was easy. Also the Giants stink.

The first half was suppose to be easy.

Might as well add Balt 8-8 and an under .500 team Cincy & TB. This schedule had easy written all over it. Forgot the Bears twice.

How many teams are we playing that finished worst than Detroit did last season?

Last edited:
It not who ya play but when ya play em, looking back

Cards aren't what they were last year
Giants sucks
Caught minn first time before they got going
Caught ALT before they got going also shoulda won that one but didn't
Saints weren't good at start of year ended up catching after they got hot
Barely beat the crap bears
Barely beat the crap bucs
Got GB without Rodgers

Yeah this team is lucky to be 7-6 if not for legaton pffdst we'd be right there with da bears. That's pathetic, part of me thinks it's the conservative lack of em away coaching mind set.

Last edited:
NO, Carolina sub .500 teams from last year. Add in Arizona, and Minny (8-8). Based on paper it was easy. Also the Giants stink.

The first half was suppose to be easy.

Everyone on this board had us winning maybe 2 games the first 5 weeks. Shake your fkn head and the Giants went 11-5 last yr lol. Stop making shit up ffs....

Might as well add Balt 8-8 and an under .500 team Cincy & TB. This schedule had easy written all over it. Forgot the Bears twice.

How many teams are we playing that finished worst than Detroit did last season?

I did add Balt, Cincy and TB. Last half of the season got easier. I already mentioned that. But cakewalk? You're fkn delisional as always....

It not who ya play but when ya play em, looking back

Cards aren't what they were last year
Giants sucks
Caught minn first time before they got going
Caught ALT before they got going also shoulda won that one but didn't
Saints weren't good at start of year ended up catching after they got hot
Barely beat the crap bears
Barely beat the crap bucs
Got GB without Rodgers

Yeah this team is lucky to be 7-6 if not for legaton pffdst we'd be right there with da bears. That's pathetic, part of me thinks it's the conservative lack of em away coaching mind set.

Yes, many teams got better. Detroit didn't. Which is pathetic in its own right.

As far as the predictions of 2-3 wins early I suspect that's based on being a Lions fan. But if we go on last years records, the number of games we played that finished worse than us in 2016 is huge. Even if you go by right now we still don't win vs anyone half way decent. 1 win, yeah us.

How long does it take to fix a defense, or a running game? We're the only team who can throw for 400+ yards and score 15 points.

Uhhhh IDK what the hell you're talking about Mitch.... Everyone said the begining of our schedule was brutal until after the fact. Arizona had the leading yardage RB luckily we hurt him.. Giants weren't the Giants of old this year, got lucky there. Falcons went to the damn super bowl the year before and we should have beat them. Played MINNY in MINNY where we usually suck and i know they didn't have "their" qb but honestly keenum is prolly better than both the other QB's they wished they were playing right now... Panthers have Cam and I don't think anyone had us beating them... ADD in a NO's team who got HOTT right before we played them... Last half def easier but NO ONE before the season said we had a cake walk schedule.

Back