Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 Free Agency

Garropolo now highest paid qb and player

Will Cousins command more? I would think so a proven guy over a guy who's started like 7 games total.... At least that old shit people would say whenever Stafford messed up about him making the most is finally over. THANK GOD

Will Cousins command more?

Yes, because he'll have multiple teams gunning for him. 49ers were only bidding against themselves. Cousins will have (potentially) Minnesota, Cleveland, NYJ, Denver, Arizona, and Buffalo looking at him.

Butler will get a look here in Detroit. A Slay/Butler pairing with Lawson in the slot and Diggs and Quin at S?

Yes Please!!!!

Butler would slide right in without having to learn the system.

I hope so. Butler was sort of exposed this year, especially by taller WRs. Over a 100QB rating when targeting Butler for the season.

We are desperate, so we may pay up for him, but it could be a mistake.

This seems absolutely insane. Such a small sample size. Tell me the 49ers could not have given him a prove it deal with half the amount of years and 1/3 or maybe 1/4 of the money, and that he wouldn't have jumped on the deal in a heartbeat. If this guy isn't top 10 for years to come, this is a terrible contract dealt out by the niners

Last edited:
This seems absolutely insane. Such a small sample size. Tell me the 49ers could not have given him a prove it deal with half the amount of years and 1/3 or maybe 1/4 of the money, and that he wouldn't have jumped on the deal in a heartbeat. If this guy isn't top 10 for years to come, this is a terrible contract dealt out by the niners

Problem is there is probably a good number of teams that REALLY need a qb that probably would have given him the same amount and there would have been no way he resigned with the '9ers if they offered him that much less.

Problem is there is probably a good number of teams that REALLY need a qb that probably would have given him the same amount and there would have been no way he resigned with the '9ers if they offered him that much less.

Thats why Staffords deal made so much sense for the Lions. Had Stafford been a FA this year he would have easily gotten 30 mil or more per year. It wouldnt shock me at all if Cousins ends up over 30 mil. Which is way more than he should get paid but when teams are desperate they will overpay. Much like pitching in baseball.

Thats why Staffords deal made so much sense for the Lions. Had Stafford been a FA this year he would have easily gotten 30 mil or more per year. It wouldnt shock me at all if Cousins ends up over 30 mil. Which is way more than he should get paid but when teams are desperate they will overpay. Much like pitching in baseball.

Very few high priced QB are worth what they get.

If he doesn't reach free agency how would he know what teams wouldve paid? An unproven qb getting paid more than every qb in the league is borderline retarded

If the Lions dumped Stafford and paid Garropolo this much, I'd no longer be a Lions fan.

If the Lions dumped Stafford and paid Garropolo this much, I'd no longer be a Lions fan.

Won 5 games in a row with a shitty team. Has Matt ever won 5 in a row? Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was better than Matt this upcoming season.

I know football is suppose to be a team sport but win us some playoff games. Beat good teams consistency. I know this isn't a Stafford thread but if Peyton can be criticized for not winning more SB's, and Moreno criticized for not winning any.. Matt should get the same treatment.

Won 5 games in a row with a shitty team. Has Matt ever won 5 in a row? Wouldn't surprise me in the least if he was better than Matt this upcoming season.

I know football is suppose to be a team sport but win us some playoff games. Beat good teams consistency. I know this isn't a Stafford thread but if Peyton can be criticized for not winning more SB's, and Moreno criticized for not winning any.. Matt should get the same treatment.

Lmao.

Stafford has won 5 in a row twice. 2011 and 2016 seasons

He is therefore twice as good as garapolo

Last edited:

I'm sorry we can't criticize Matt. When's he going to step up and win a playoff game? It's it still the teams problem but not Matt's? As a QB his playoff performances have gotten worse. Can't win the big game.. As a supposed elite he can't take it upon himself and win a game by himself..

I'm sorry we can't criticize Matt. When's he going to step up and win a playoff game? It's it still the teams problem but not Matt's? As a QB his playoff performances have gotten worse. Can't win the big game.. As a supposed elite he can't take it upon himself and win a game by himself..

Tom Brady would be 0-3 if he played the saints with his super injured secondary was getting torched by drew brees for 45 points, royally screwed over by refs against cowboys and had injured oline and injured run game with several drops against Seahawks on road

Tom Brady would be 0-3 if he played the saints with his super injured secondary was getting torched by drew brees for 45 points, royally screwed over by refs against cowboys and had injured oline and injured run game with several drops against Seahawks on road

Say what?

I'm just sick of guys like Blake Bortles, and Nick Foles winning playoff games. You can blame the defense or team in general but when is our super stud going to take the next step?

Say what?

I'm just sick of guys like Blake Bortles, and Nick Foles winning playoff games. You can blame the defense or team in general but when is our super stud going to take the next step?

Win loss is not a qb stat. Staffford has stepped up. Team or refs have not

Win loss is not a qb stat. Staffford has stepped up. Team or refs have not

You mean his 0 TD 205 yard performance in his last playoff game? His post season games have been progressively worse. Can't keep on blaming bad refs/luck.

Back