Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops Injury update

The last I had seen was that MSU was still the more likely destination for him, but who knows with all that stuff.

Kenny Goins expected to miss a couple weeks with sprained knee. Maybe Ward will get the minutes he should be getting...

Last edited:
Kenny Goins expected to miss a couple weeks with sprained knee. Maybe Ward will get the minutes he should be getting...

I don?t know, I saw some tall, skinny kid on the bench that looks like a new walk on the other day.

I don?t know, I saw some tall, skinny kid on the bench that looks like a new walk on the other day.

can we get a mod to remove the sticky on this thread? is there consensus on this? even when guys were breaking feet, punching walls or getting mono or the flew and dropping like flies, it seemed like a whiny excuse thread, now it's long past whatever use it served and just looks pathetic.

Goins has a bruised elbow, no fracture. Will be a game time decision tomorrow night, but he's expected to play at least some.

Goins is in fact playing tonight, no idea if that means he's starting or not.

Goins is in fact playing tonight, no idea if that means he's starting or not.

logged 35 minutes too, he may not be team MVP but he's been valuable this year.

the ability to make a 3 on that screen/roll/replace action makes us a lot better in the half court

Last edited:
logged 35 minutes too, he may not be team MVP but he's been valuable this year.

the ability to make a 3 on that screen/roll/replace action makes us a lot better in the half court

Our offense gets open looks for whoever is playing the 4. Goins started slow for % this season, but his form is perfect and he’s gaining confidence.

It’s obvious he’s been really really good shooting in practice becaus Izzo gave him the green light even when he was struggling. And actually got on him for not taking it at times. He can shoot.

Last edited:
Matt McQuaid sprained an ankle and didn’t practice today, he’s questionable for Saturday.

Winston has a "bone bruise" its "nothing serious"

Oh, but he's not playing tonight so its obviously something

Once again we have a foot stress fracture. Akins had surgery for it and will be out 4 weeks. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a another Langford deal

It was fun while it lasted. Looks like at a minimum we?re going to be short handed for 2-3 weeks.

Awesome of izzo to not fill out the roster and bury a scholarship

I wonder if he struck out in the portal or if he just didn?t try. Now he has a chance to get Koehler up to speed for the B1G season. He was probably going to give him too many minutes anyway.

I wonder if he struck out in the portal or if he just didn?t try. Now he has a chance to get Koehler up to speed for the B1G season. He was probably going to give him too many minutes anyway.

He actually came out and said he liked his team so he didn't bring anyone in.

Back