Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Oakland gets upset

biggunsbob

24-8 oakland losses In quarterfinals of Horizon League tournament to a crappy 12 win Youngstown st team.Classic choke job by a top seed. They turned it over in last minute. Missed clutch free throws and up 1 will with under 10 seconds this happens!
Idoits!!!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2473

Last edited:
24-8 oakland losses In quarterfinals of Horizon League tournament to a crappy 12 win Youngstown st team.Classic choke job by a top seed. They turned it over in last minute. Missed clutch free throws and up 1 will with under 10 seconds this happens!
Idoits!!!!

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/team/_/id/2473

Valpo finished in a tie with Oakland in the Horizon(same 24-8 overall record too) and lost to an even worse, last place Milwaukee yesterday. Helps the bubble teams that both of those teams didn't pick up a couple more wins to possibly make them a 2 bid conference.

Valpo finished in a tie with Oakland in the Horizon(same 24-8 overall record too) and lost to an even worse, last place Milwaukee yesterday. Helps the bubble teams that both of those teams didn't pick up a couple more wins to possibly make them a 2 bid conference.

That is a good point. i doubt neither make the at large pool but I always like rooting for Oakland in the ncaa.

That is a good point. i doubt neither make the at large pool but I always like rooting for Oakland in the ncaa.

Valpo might have got close with 2 more wins. Last I saw they were 70-ish in the RPI. Oakland was over 100 and likely had to win the tourney.

Last edited:
Northern Kentucky verses Milwaukee who is 11-23 and the # 10 seed in the Horizon League title for a shot to make thr ncaa field.

Northern Kentucky wins a close one over Milwaukee and advance to its first ncaa tournament in thr first year that they are eligible to do so. Very cool stuff.

Last edited:
Back