Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Confederate monuments

I hardly think making fun of ESPN for this nonsense is "making a mountain" out of anything. They deserve to be mocked and laughed at for it. What's perhaps more telling is the inability to see the humor in it and agree they're being overly sensitive - maybe they're not the only ones.

I hardly think making fun of ESPN for this nonsense is "making a mountain" out of anything. They deserve to be mocked and laughed at for it. What's perhaps more telling is the inability to see the humor in it and agree they're being overly sensitive - maybe they're not the only ones.

Well, arguably ESPN deserves to be mocked and laughed at for pretty much everything it does on a daily basis just on general principal.

Also-I'd say it's ESPN who made the mountain out the mole hill here.

But now Robert Lee is famous, at least.

sggatecl's meme is worth 1000 words.

Talk about shooting one self in the foot; ESPN is catching nothing but shit fire over this, justifiably so.

Would anybody have even noticed or batted an eye if ESPN themselves hadn't brought this to attention?

Well, if it was a radio broadcast, probably not but since the guy would be on camera I'm sure someone would pick up on it - I mean check out the resemblance...

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/st...now/la-sp-espn-robert-lee-20170823-story.html

it's dumb. they should've just left the guy on the broadcast, and drafted a PR statement acknowledging they considered it, and it's not intentional. instead they bungle it, making things worse, and giving idiots another stupid reason to run around crying about "political correctness run amok"

it's dumb. they should've just left the guy on the broadcast, and drafted a PR statement acknowledging they considered it, and it's not intentional. instead they bungle it, making things worse, and giving idiots another stupid reason to run around crying about "political correctness run amok"

Dude, I had the TV on while taking care of some business, and Access Hollywood came on, and they were even making fun of it on that.

Freakin' Access Hollywood, for God sake.

but that's EXACTLY what it is, political correctness run amok. Other missuses of that claim don't make it not true here. You must be torn here - having to choose between mocking a sports network you don't like and never acknowledging people you despise can get something right. You're picking the wrong side.

IDEA: Reassign the guy and don't tell anyone. ANOTHER IDEA: Let him do the cast and don't offer an explanation save that "we didn't name him and neither did you" if anyone squelches.

Last edited:
To follow the company lead and not go outside the lines.

otvvjeulc53p.gif

but that's EXACTLY what it is, political correctness run amok. Other missuses of that claim don't make it not true here. You must be torn here - having to choose between mocking a sports network you don't like and never acknowledging people you despise can get something right. You're picking the wrong side.

Here, in plain English:

ESPN was stupid to do this.

I agree with people who feel that way.

Anyone who would've complained about Robert Lee calling the game would've been stupid to do so.

This is all stupid.

The fucks who cry about "PC Culture Running Amok" are the same fucks who insisted we rename french fries "freedom fries" because France didn't support our bloodthirsty plunder of Iraq, and yell about how they won't watch the NFL because some players kneel for the national anthem. It's all bullshit. A big steaming pile of bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here, in plain English:

Anyone who would've complained about Robert Lee calling the game would've been stupid to do so.

This is all stupid.

The fucks who cry about "PC Culture Running Amok" are the same fucks who insisted we rename french fries "freedom fries" because France didn't support our bloodthirsty plunder of Iraq, and yell about how they won't watch the NFL because some players kneel for the national anthem. It's all bullshit. A big steaming pile of bullshit.

In plain English: no, they're not. they're the people who see this for what it is and are making fun of ESPN for it, mocking ESPN for their extreme PC policies and making people laugh along with them. It's a good joke and almost nobody is upset by it.

In plain English: no, they're not. they're the people who see this for what it is and are making fun of ESPN for it, mocking ESPN for their extreme PC policies and making people laugh along with them. It's a good joke and almost nobody is upset by it.

Bob Ley is pissed.

This is exactly the type of they specialize in on Outside the Lines and no way will he be allowed to touch it.

Let Kornheiser and that other guy run about the set with this nitro-glycerin.

Here, in plain English:

This is all stupid.

Hey I was right there asking for French Fries at the height of that furor and I sacrificed a lot of good customer service as a result. I was in the restaurants, feeling the heat of resistance. Unlike you, who maybe buzzed a few drive throughs.

Hey I was right there asking for French Fries at the height of that furor and I sacrificed a lot of good customer service as a result. I was in the restaurants, feeling the heat of resistance. Unlike you, who maybe buzzed a few drive throughs.

solidarnosc!

man the early 00's were a crazy time...!

Back