Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Browns release Joe Haden

kmd47

https://sports.yahoo.com/browns-release-joe-haden-120455519.html

The Browns were reportedly trying to trade cornerback Joe Haden on Tuesday.

That effort came to an end on Wednesday, but not with the team opting to hold onto him for another season. The Browns have announced Haden?s release.

Haden was set to make $11.1 million this season with $4 million in guaranteed money. The Browns will take on $10.8 million in dead cap space as a result of the move, which comes after a couple of injury-plagued seasons that saw Haden?s play drop from the high level he?d been at earlier in his career.

Haden will surely get looks from other teams hoping he can recapture some of that old play now that they don?t have to give up anything but money for the right to bring him to their team.

The move may not be met with a round of applause from coach Hue Jackson, who said on Tuesday that he wants Haden on the team. There might not be any outright argument either as Jackson also said that he will go along with ?whatever our organization thinks is best for our football team.?

As much as I would like the Lions to add Haden, he has been playing hurt the past couple seasons. If he is healthy, he is an elite cb.

We don't have the cap space this season to sign him. He is getting a lot of interest right now.

As much as I would like the Lions to add Haden, he has been playing hurt the past couple seasons. If he is healthy, he is an elite cb.

We don't have the cap space this season to sign him. He is getting a lot of interest right now.

Teez Tabor is Joe Haden. No need to sign him.

Must be something going on. Nobody apparently wanted to trade for him at 11 million per for the next 3 years.

I can't say I watched Browns games, so no idea how he's been playing lately.

Back