Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MSU vs ][V][ichigan UTL Game Thread

I just hope they can rebound from this shitshow. I know I will be concerned whenever they face another team with a pulse from here on out.

Just enjoy the roller coaster of irrational hope. I'm only 35, not even officially yet, and fully expect that I'll never see UM football when another national title.

Fuck, it's been a decade and a half since we won the conference.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The year they won the conference was my first year in grad school. Of course that was also the year I didn't buy season student tickets; that was probably my only chance to see the OSU game in person.

Edit: I'm only 2 years older than you, but you've seen a heck of a lot more from this team. Lucky.

Last edited:
Get Peters or McCaffery in the huddle............NOW. Time to start our future. I dont care anymore after losing this game. There is no way this teams' offense can be any worse, with either leading the team.

I do have to say this, OKorn did play bad, but the playcalling did not help him at all. Those were some bad fucking calls in a torrential downpour. Fire the fucks who called the 2nd half!!!!

Get Peters or McCaffery in the huddle............NOW. Time to start our future. I dont care anymore after losing this game. There is no way this teams' offense can be any worse, with either leading the team.

I do have to say this, OKorn did play bad, but the playcalling did not help him at all. Those were some bad fucking calls in a torrential downpour. Fire the fucks who called the 2nd half!!!!

It was all game .. Get in the red zone after running it well and that 2nd and 3rd down play call on throws to the end zone were flat out awful before the fg. After Issac fumble he was even worse. Almost laughable how bad he was. Msu does the same predicable blitzes verses us every game and we never seem to prepare for it.

I say play Peters now. I wouldnt burn CM's red shirt I don't think. But there was a reason O'Kron was benched in Houston. Not sure what was saw in him to give him a scholarship.

I say play Peters now. I wouldnt burn CM's red shirt I don't think. But there was a reason O'Kron was benched in Houston. Not sure what was saw in him to give him a scholarship.
Play Peters. It's not like we're young to beat OSU anyway. Let him get his feet wet and then we can go to the Halloween Custom Wig Bowl again. All while we keep pretending MSU isn't a rivalry game.

Okorn was brutal. I'll say the same thing i said after the lions game last week.....you're in a world of hurt if you can't figure out how to beat blitzing lbs. They blitzed the entire game and you couldn't beat them once? It takes shitty wrs, shitty Oline, a shitty qb and a shitty play caller to go an entire game without beating the blitz once.

Okorn was brutal. I'll say the same thing i said after the lions game last week.....you're in a world of hurt if you can't figure out how to beat blitzing lbs. They blitzed the entire game and you couldn't beat them once? It takes shitty wrs, shitty Oline, a shitty qb and a shitty play caller to go an entire game without beating the blitz once.

Same stuff they always do. Dumbass Drevino never adjusts at all.

Hallelujah

Everyone knew this team wasn't going undefeated, just sucks the first loss had to come to a bad MSU team under bad circumstances. Don't let it get you down too much, not worth it.

Not going to get me down. We all knew that the offense had serious issues before this game. A bad game by the defense was likely going to be a loss. After the Purdue game I was hoping that OKorn was the answer at QB. But I also saw in that game that he has a tendency to throw into tight coverage. Last night there were several time there was an open receiver that was right in front of him and he threw the ball into coverage, and got intercepted. He also showed that he is immature with the flop into the MSU sideline. Yeah, he got pushed from behind by and MSU player and and MSU player on the sideline took a swing at him, so they deserved a penalty, but it was clearly a flop out frustration. A mature QB doesn't do that kind of thing, and at this point in his career OKorn should be mature. He also tried to do too much, it was like he couldn't help himself from trying to make that extra play. It may have worked if the conditions were good, but in the conditions during the 2nd half last night, it was disastrous. Now, this loss was not all on OKorn, the pass receivers dropped passes that should have been caught. Just plain dropped the ball. And the play calling was atrocious. Just atrocious.

So, it all came together last night, defense had a bad first half, offense was bad, and as expected it resulted in a loss. Just happened that it all came together against Sparty. It is not like Sparty played so great. How many times did the ball bounce right back into their hands? Just plain luck on the part of Sparty to catch Michigan in this game where all things came together. But it could have happened against any team. I don't think any Michigan fans expected this team to go undefeated, or bought in to the top ten ranking. Unfortunately, for Wiscy, PSU, and OSU, Michigan is not going to be highly ranked when they play so the win is not going to have as much impact as perhaps they had hoped.

Back