Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Football recruiting

Sweat is for 2014, 6-6, 230 lb TE/DE who is also a star basketball player. Kid is supposed to be a great athlete.

Montez Sweat commits to MSU on wednesday, dropped to a 2 star on thursday

That got lost in the shuffle, looking like 3 of the top 5 for 2015 already

We realistically lead for every one of the top 8 or 9 recruits in the state for 2015. Michael Weber should be the next guy to commit. John Kelly might already be a silent commit. Kid is rising having run a 4.38 forty recently.

Last edited:
What's the word on Brian Cole? 247 has him 69 percent MSU. Is he close to announcing his decision or no?

What's the word on Brian Cole? 247 has him 69 percent MSU. Is he close to announcing his decision or no?

Cole's not close to making a decision, but most people say we lead for him. He recently had surgery, no sure what for, but he's been on crutches.

good to have some momentum now, craig evans decides 1/4

Heariing good stuff about Montae Nicholson, he's announcing tomorrow at 2pm, down to FSU and MSU, distance from hom is a big factor.

i heard we were eliminated but there are conflicting stories now

When did he drop Pitt? Last I heard they were still leading for him.

Pitt is still in it, by most accounts he has not 100% made up his mind yet. Wiltfong and Sean Scherer both have him to MSU. Lots of buzz close to his school that MSU is his choice, but also that maybe he hasn't made up his mind yet. The FSU recruitniks seem to think MSU is his choice. FWIW, every crystal ball prediction in the last few days has been for MSU, MSU went from 7% to 31% on the 247 crystal balls in a day. Pitt from 61% to 38%.

We'll see, the staff likes him, so I do too. Seems like a good kid, since I am not a high school football recruiting expert I have no idea how good of a player he is, nor do I think the recruiting services know. He's a 4 star, whatever that means. Does that mean he'll be twice as good as Darqueze Dennard because he has double the stars in high school? I sure hope so.

Pitt is still in it, by most accounts he has not 100% made up his mind yet. Wiltfong and Sean Scherer both have him to MSU. Lots of buzz close to his school that MSU is his choice, but also that maybe he hasn't made up his mind yet. The FSU recruitniks seem to think MSU is his choice. FWIW, every crystal ball prediction in the last few days has been for MSU, MSU went from 7% to 31% on the 247 crystal balls in a day. Pitt from 61% to 38%.

We'll see, the staff likes him, so I do too. Seems like a good kid, since I am not a high school football recruiting expert I have no idea how good of a player he is, nor do I think the recruiting services know. He's a 4 star, whatever that means. Does that mean he'll be twice as good as Darqueze Dennard because he has double the stars in high school? I sure hope so.

I think that Narduzzi staying helps in his recruitment big time

Crystal balls be changing. MSU 43% Pitt 37% after being Pitt 61% MSU 7% just 24 hours ago.

He's going to do the hat game though, we rarely win the hat game.

Montae Nicholson to Michigan State

boom

Guess, Sean Scherer is pretty accurate as usual. He's the #1 player in talent rich PA on a couple sites.

Scherer has predicted we will close this classs very strong with Nicholson, JC OT David Hadelin, DT Daniel Cage, and WR JJ Pnckney, and S D'Cota Dixon.

Pinckney is someone to get very excitied about, he's an elite track star in Ohio and apparently made a monumental leap in football ability this season.

Last edited:
Welcome to MSU David Hadelin!

4 Star JUCO OT with offers from USC, Oregon, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas etal. Will enroll for January and hopefully be ready to be in the rotation by fall. His offer list was ridiculous for a JUCO player.

Like taking a couple JUCO kids a class, you just know so much more about what you are getting than any high school kid, it's no mistake that Alabama and Auburn take 3-4 JUCO kids a class. There is very little risk as you've seen them perform against much better competition than any high school kid has. This was reportedly the #1 OT that Dantonio wanted.

Last edited:
Back