Go Back   DetroitSportsForum > FYI > News & Announcements

Old 04-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #1

Heading to Boston on Thursday

My wife is running the marathon and she is flying out with a friend on Saturday .. I am riding with my father-in-law starting this Thursday.. So if anyone wants to step in and update the Wings games please by all means go ahead.. Thanks...
FIND A DAMN RUNNING BACK!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #2

Should probably go in the Wings board. Anyway, good luck to your wife. I ran 26.2 feet once..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:51 PM   #3

Yeah I put it over there... Just wanted to let everyone know she is running again after being a quarter of a mile from the finish line last year before it was stopped by the asshole bombers... If I can figure out how to use my laptop in hotel rooms I will post a bit... Worried about connecting to routers..

Thanks on the goodluck... I run to the fridge and pantry a lot now..I am lucky I stay skinny somehow as my wife is a freaking rock now... As far as working out...

Last edited by biggunsbob; 04-14-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:20 AM   #4

Wow, near the bombing. Must have been scary. I will definitely like to hear how she's doing..

What are we at the park for except to win? I'd trip my mother. I'd help her up, brush her off, tell her I'm sorry. But mother don't make it to third -- Leo Durocher

The NFL can kiss my ass!!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:59 PM   #5

I hear there's a pretty cool DSF poster that lives in Boston...I know that if I were going to Boston, I'd by that man a cigar...

Safe travels bob and best wishes to your lady...

"The two parties have combined against us to nullify our power by a ‘gentleman's agreement' of non-recognition, no matter how we vote ... May God write us down as asses if ever again we are found putting our trust in either the Republican or the Democratic Parties." -- W.E.B. DuBois (1922)
Old 04-15-2014, 09:12 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp View Post
Wow, near the bombing. Must have been scary. I will definitely like to hear how she's doing..
Yeah.... I was watching the ticker on the computer from home last year and talking to her dad and he called and sad he thought they should be done and I told him they are probably taking picture and having fun the last mile and then I turned the TV on and said "oh Shit" and called him back... She called right away and then the phones went dead and all we could get through were text messages... 1/4 from the finish line but last 5 miles she was not feeling great and it slowed them down.. Timing was close.... After they stooped he race her friend and her wee on the race course for another 4-6 hours trying to get back to her hotel room... People of Boston were real cool... Giving them sweatshirts and water....
Old 04-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #7

Bob, Call when you can about the city/hotel you are staying.
"Kaline in my book is the greatest righthanded hitter in the league". Ted Williams.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsbob View Post
Yeah I put it over there... Just wanted to let everyone know she is running again after being a quarter of a mile from the finish line last year before it was stopped by the asshole bombers... If I can figure out how to use my laptop in hotel rooms I will post a bit... Worried about connecting to routers..

Thanks on the goodluck... I run to the fridge and pantry a lot now..I am lucky I stay skinny somehow as my wife is a freaking rock now... As far as working out...
Client I met with yesterday was flying to Boston today to run again - he was over 25 miles in when bomb went off ...

I am the one and only turbo powered engine.