Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

4 Rabbis arrested on kidnapping charges

I believe you should only ever take a life to save a life.

In a similar vein, there's probably a more relevant term, but I think the Just War Doctrine is based on the idea of choosing between two evils. If through inaction you allow greater evil than the evil of the action, you can argue that it is justified. That does not justify capital punishment when prisons are available, but it may justify the taking of a life in other situations when there are no other means for ending the continued aggression.

Last edited:
That's fair. So you're in favor of vigilantism where there is little to no police protection and just self-defense in the US? That differentiation is worth noting. But still, if given the environment for it, you're gung-ho for vigilantism.

Yes, mostly...but back to the OP, I consider that a situation where a victim (wife) is in a situation so extreme that death is the only solution. To me it is the responsibility of thise who can provide a safe haven for the victim to do so. The challenge being there is no safe haven from these husbands who treat their wives in this fashion.

I would expand what Monster posted for my personal beliefs and include anyone involved in the trafficing of humans as slaves, sexual or otherwise. I find slavery in any manifestation to warrant the death penalty. That includes these Jews who refuse to sign a Get because they view their wives as their property to an extreme that is equivalent to slavery.

Sometimes there is no alternative no matter how much one tries, wishes, or hopes for one.

Yes, mostly...but back to the OP, I consider that a situation where a victim (wife) is in a situation so extreme that death is the only solution. To me it is the responsibility of thise who can provide a safe haven for the victim to do so. The challenge being there is no safe haven from these husbands who treat their wives in this fashion.

I would expand what Monster posted for my personal beliefs and include anyone involved in the trafficing of humans as slaves, sexual or otherwise. I find slavery in any manifestation to warrant the death penalty. That includes these Jews who refuse to sign a Get because they view their wives as their property to an extreme that is equivalent to slavery.

Sometimes there is no alternative no matter how much one tries, wishes, or hopes for one.

Maybe the alternative would be fixing the retarded religious laws, not killing the dumbasses who follow/adhere to them.

I believe you should only ever take a life to save a life.

This applies to combat soldiers/wartime actions as well IMHO.

But I kind of follow the 2 wrongs don't make a right ideal, so you take a serial killer, and execute him you have basically just done to him what you condemned him for. If it's wrong, morally and legally to take the life of a person, how do we get off justifying a prison doing it?

One could argue that taking the life of a murderer, rapist, molester could be saving the life of someone...maybe many others depending on the situation.

The idea of my tax money going to these monsters and paying for them to eat, live, and almost never being rehabilitated infuriates me. In some cases, they are released and re-offend. Is it moral to let this happen? Or is there a better way to handle things?

Bare minimum for the worst offenders, the ones who murder/rape and who cannot be rehabilitated. Bread, water, tiny cell they never leave. Bare minimum of a life and expense, because that's what they deserve.

Frankly, I think making them live that empty of a life is a much worse fate than death - that's at least over quicker.

Last edited:

Where in the OP-except that the husbands refused to grant a Get, which doesn't mean jack shit in the eyes of the real law anyway-does it indicate that these women were subject to anything that you describe-a situation so extreme that death is the only solution, or they were subject to slavery?

It doesn't.

I would advise these chicks to say "fuck religion," and just go to court and get a real divorce in the real world.

Where in the OP-except that the husbands refused to grant a Get, which doesn't mean jack shit in the eyes of the real law anyway-does it indicate that these women were subject to anything that you describe-a situation so extreme that death is the only solution, or they were subject to slavery?

It doesn't.

I would advise these chicks to say "fuck religion," and just go to court and get a real divorce in the real world.

And a restraining order. Neither is perfect, but if they can hire Rabbis to beat the shit out of a husband to get him to sign a Get, maybe they can instead hire some licensed security pros to convince him to obey the restraining order and enforce the divorce decree.

No need for this outside-the-law violence that zyxt prefers.

And a restraining order. Neither is perfect, but if they can hire Rabbis to beat the shit out of a husband to get him to sign a Get, maybe they can instead hire some licensed security pros to convince him to obey the restraining order and enforce the divorce decree.

No need for this outside-the-law violence that zyxt prefers.

And again, we don't know that there was any violence at all, except the alleged violence by the rabbis against the husbands.

And again, we don't know that there was any violence at all, except the alleged violence by the rabbis against the husbands.
thank you, Mr. Lawyer.

we're not condemning any persons here in this thread, only organized religion, as per usual, because it sucks.

I'm guessing everyone unfamiliar with the prevalence of prosecutorial abuse of power, police misconduct , and the number of exonerations we've seen over the years will be pro death penalty

Also, paradoxically, those who consider themselves "pro-life" will be largely pro-death penalty and pro-gun ownership even knowing that allows some guns to get in the hands of the mentally ill and deranged who will use them to kill many people in one of our nation's incredibly frequent mass shootings.

There is nothing paradoxical about defending the life of innocent unborn humans and also supporting capital punishment for those who commit the most heinous crimes. It's the opposing illogic that can't be reconciled - those who demand all forms of abortion while defending murders' and rapists' right to life.

There is nothing paradoxical about defending the life of innocent unborn humans and also supporting capital punishment for those who commit the most heinous crimes. It's the opposing illogic that can't be reconciled - those who demand all forms of abortion while defending murders' and rapists' right to life.

Yes... that's a fair way to phrase it.

TLjTxV2.jpg

well, anybody remember this story?

If so, I got an update for ya! Looks like three of the Rabbis were convicted. they had tried to argue that not being allowed to kidnap recalcitrant husbands and beat divorces out of them was a violation of their religious freedom.

if zyxt were still around, I guess he would he greatly displeased by this news.

Back