Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers 2017 Season Debacle, trades, releases and fired thread

tigermud

Place to put all the coming trades, releases and you fired news for the reminder of this debacle season.

Frank was just the start IMO.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/detroit-tigers

Also will say that IMO, there is one primary reason above all else why the Tigers have consistently disappointed, they simply cannot handle the pressure of giving it's fan base what it so desperately wants and they persistently try to force what isn't there. The only solution to that problem is to not care, care but not care. there is such a place. You can't be afraid to fail, or let your fan base down, they play afraid to fail, as a result, they fail..and let their fan base down, it's all mental. They have proven over and over again however that they are unable to master this mindset, and it's now time to start over, expectations will return back to nothing and the pressure to succeed will dissipate.

Last edited:
That probably squashed any deal ;-)

Or lessoned what they might get in return, makes sense for this rumor to include Avila also with as fickle as JV is with his routine and about getting on the same page with his catchers I can definitely see any deal for JV requiring Avila to go with him

Last edited:
Or lessoned what they might get in return, makes sense for this rumor to include Avila also with as fickle as JV is with his routine and about getting on the same page with his catchers I can definitely see any deal for JV requiring Avila to go with him

I want JV to stay but I suspect he pitches well in the NL if he is traded.

I want JV to stay but I suspect he pitches well in the NL if he is traded.

And he'd get to hit more too, know he loves to hit and really wants to hit a HR before all is said and done

Last edited:
http://m.tigers.mlb.com/news/article/240398044/deadline-talk-about-tigers-justin-verlander/
Verlander, Deadline discussion in 'background'.
Ace focused on 'here and now,' but Detroit could deal to replenish farm system.
Tigers official site

Well, when the Tigers official site comes out and posts something, it usually means business. So they ARE thinking of or planning to trade Justin Verlander.

Sandy Koufax, Bob Gibson, Walter Johnson, Bob Feller what Justin Verlander has in common with these pitchers right now is they have all pitched for one team in their great careers.
For some of us it will be disappointing if JV is traded, because some players deserve to play their entire careers with one team.
Tigers positional players who did that are the great Al Kaline, Alan Trammell, Lou Whitaker, Charlie Gehringer off the top of my head.

For the Tigers Pitchers Leaderboard I have hoped JV would become the All-Time winningest pitcher in Tigers history passing old time Hooks Dauss who also played his entire career with the team, at a less than great performance.
And to get 3,000 plus Strikeouts as a Tiger.

So now I/We wait...

I am not confident that the Tigers will get compensatory value in trading Verlander.

they would definitely be selling low. 1.52 WHIP and 4.96 ERA. My guess is they will have to eat a lot of his salary if they want to get any good players / prospects in return.

Back