Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Trump and the eclipse today

Most likely outcome

• he stares at it to spite the "fake news media" and goes blind

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • watches it w/adequate eye protection, following advice from medical and scientific professionals

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • too busy watching Fox & tweeting about "heroic defenders of Confederate monuments" to even notice

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's more likely that he tweets about some small non-accomplishment he's working on, and complains that the eclipse is stealing his spotlight.

I think it's more likely that he tweets about some small non-accomplishment he's working on, and complains that the eclipse is stealing his spotlight.

certainly possible...

with a shot of him posing w/firemen, cops, or vets, while smiling like a shithead and giving the thumbs up...

"We did X today, but all the so-called scientists and FAKE NEWS media wants to talk about is the eclipse. Sad!"

I think it's more likely that he tweets about some small non-accomplishment...

I don't know if I would call it a small non-accomplishment?

Him bringing back the sun-that's going to be a pretty big dill.

The Trump family is standing out on some White House porch right now with their eclipse watching glasses. This is the minute of the maximum E clips where they are.

"Then you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well, you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not...you're with....some underworld spy
Or the wife of a close friend,
Wife of a close friend...and you're so vain"

2016-Total-Solar-Eclipse-700x432.jpg

Last edited:
The Trump family is standing out on some White House porch right now with their eclipse watching glasses. This is the minute of the maximum E clips where they are.

Anyway even though I didn't vote until I knew the answer I'm the big winner in the pole. The correct answer is number two.

"Then you flew your Learjet up to Nova Scotia
To see the total eclipse of the sun
Well, you're where you should be all the time
And when you're not...you're with....some underworld spy
Or the wife of a close friend,
Wife of a close friend...and you're so vain"

2016-Total-Solar-Eclipse-700x432.jpg

"You're So Vain," which was released in 1972, was the theme song for the most recent total eclipse in the United States before this one, 40 years ago, in 1979.

The go to theme song for the 2017 eclipse has been Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart," which was released four years after the 79 event.

I think for the next eclipse in 2024, Fox Broadcast Network is going to have a season long reality contest show where the National television viewing audience will pick the theme song for that one.

Last edited:
"You're So Vain," which was released in 1972, was the theme song for the most recent total eclipse in the United States before this one, 40 years ago, in 1979.

The go to theme song for the 2017 eclipse has been Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart," which was released four years after the 79 event.

I think for the next eclipse in 2024, Fox Broadcast Network is going to have a season long reality contest show where the National television viewing audience will pick the theme song for that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsgWUq0fdKk

Uses the eclipse as a sign from god that he should fire 2 more of his staff and start WW3. Nukes North Korea. World Ends.

In his last moments Elon Musk contemplates why the fuck hes been worrying about murderous robots for the last 6 months when a fucking nutjob sociopath was in office.

I also heard an eclipse parody of Might As Well Be Walking On The Sun on the radio today that was fairly clever.

Uses the eclipse as a sign from god that he should fire 2 more of his staff and start WW3. Nukes North Korea. World Ends.

In his last moments Elon Musk contemplates why the fuck hes been worrying about murderous robots for the last 6 months when a fucking nutjob sociopath was in office.

That would be an incredible final scene for a movie.

It's too bad there will be nobody around to make it or watch it because we'll all be dead.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...clipse-heart-actual-eclipse/story?id=49331998

Ah, to be performing your famous song at the exact moment of the solar eclipse.....when nobody is fucking paying any attention to you....because they're all looking at the eclipse!

I hate that fucking song, and I hate when people all join in on stupid pop trends like idiots.

I'm glad the eclipse is over. I wonder what the next "big stupid thing over-hyped nationwide with lots of fucking ridiculous product tie-ins and merchandising" will be?

I hate that fucking song, and I hate when people all join in on stupid pop trends like idiots.

I'm glad the eclipse is over. I wonder what the next "big stupid thing over-hyped nationwide with lots of fucking ridiculous product tie-ins and merchandising" will be?

You mean the next pop trend like a solar eclipse?

I don't think that's a pop trend. I think the sun and the moon have been doing that for quite a while.

But I get what you mean about people all joining in on stupid pop trends, like watching people do observations on television, or recalling old songs, or posting poll threads about them on Internet message boards.

Last edited:
You mean the next pop trend like a solar eclipse?

I don't think that's a pop trend. I think the sun and the moon have been doing that for quite a while.

But I get what you mean about people all joining in on stupid pop trends, like watching people do observations on television, or recalling old songs, or posting poll threads about them on Internet message boards.

whoa.

so even I am part of the problem...

whoa.

so even I am part of the problem...

All kidding aside, you're not part of any problem because there's no problem.

I just looked it up and apparently, ancient astronomers started tracking of the Saros cycle, the rotation of the earth and the moon that results in eclipses, for thousands of years, And have been predicting eclipses all that time.

When ever there has been going to be an eclipse, it's always been a pretty big cultural deal.

I remember back in 1979, the last total eclipse that occurred over the United States, it was a pretty big deal back then about as big of a deal as there could be what with the mass media of the day.

I went out with my family in the backyard of our Sunset road home and looked at the partial eclipse through some kind of stained glass.

I noticed a couple of glaring (get it? glaring? get it?) errors in the news coverage today. First they were referring to the 1979 as having happened 40 years ago, and it was almost 40 but not quite.

Second they were describing in places where the total eclipse was occurring as having a 360? sunset. There is no such thing as sunset appearing on the eastern horizon. 180? of the horizon would have been appearing as sunrise and the other 180? would have been appearing as a sunset.

Last edited:
Back